Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
In his front-page story, Deseret News reporter Jed Boal asserts that Vietnam war veterans "were spit on when they came home" ("Utah vets' feelings still strong 40 years after troops left Vietnam," March 29). This has been challenged as a myth by Vietnam veteran Jerry Lembcke in his book "The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory and the Legacy of Vietnam" (NYU Press, 1998).
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core just...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 32
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28