Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
In his front-page story, Deseret News reporter Jed Boal asserts that Vietnam war veterans "were spit on when they came home" ("Utah vets' feelings still strong 40 years after troops left Vietnam," March 29). This has been challenged as a myth by Vietnam veteran Jerry Lembcke in his book "The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory and the Legacy of Vietnam" (NYU Press, 1998).
Salt Lake City
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 46
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31