Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
In his front-page story, Deseret News reporter Jed Boal asserts that Vietnam war veterans "were spit on when they came home" ("Utah vets' feelings still strong 40 years after troops left Vietnam," March 29). This has been challenged as a myth by Vietnam veteran Jerry Lembcke in his book "The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory and the Legacy of Vietnam" (NYU Press, 1998).
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24