Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
In his front-page story, Deseret News reporter Jed Boal asserts that Vietnam war veterans "were spit on when they came home" ("Utah vets' feelings still strong 40 years after troops left Vietnam," March 29). This has been challenged as a myth by Vietnam veteran Jerry Lembcke in his book "The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory and the Legacy of Vietnam" (NYU Press, 1998).
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Charles Krauthammer: In our politics, full...
- Letter: Homework load is fine
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A compilation...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 46
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 34
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28