Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
In his front-page story, Deseret News reporter Jed Boal asserts that Vietnam war veterans "were spit on when they came home" ("Utah vets' feelings still strong 40 years after troops left Vietnam," March 29). This has been challenged as a myth by Vietnam veteran Jerry Lembcke in his book "The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory and the Legacy of Vietnam" (NYU Press, 1998).
Salt Lake City
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 82
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 71
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27