Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
In his front-page story, Deseret News reporter Jed Boal asserts that Vietnam war veterans "were spit on when they came home" ("Utah vets' feelings still strong 40 years after troops left Vietnam," March 29). This has been challenged as a myth by Vietnam veteran Jerry Lembcke in his book "The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory and the Legacy of Vietnam" (NYU Press, 1998).
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Protected lands
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Richard Davis: Legislators— Model the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 42
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31