Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media sites, and it is particularly popular among women. Twenty-five percent of women who use the Internet use Pinterest, and 80 percent of Pinterest users are women, according to a Pew Research survey.
Among those women are famous faces such as Creative Director of Marie Claire Magazine and Project Runway Judge Nina Garcia, Food Network's Paula Deen and news anchor Katie Couric.
With the announcement of a new Young Women General Presidency during the Saturday afternoon session of the LDS Church's 183rd Annual General Conference, another pinner joined the ranks of well-known woman who use the popular site.
Bonnie Lee Green Oscarson, the new Young Women General president, has a substantial presence on Pinterest with 45 boards, 2,340 pins and 531 followers. Topics of her boards include "Temples," Church and Family" and "Interesting Women." The description at the top of her Pinterest profile page cites the 13th Article of Faith: "'If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.' And may I add just downright cute to the list?"
Oscarson is joined in her new role by Carol Louise Foley McConkie as the first counselor and Evelyn Neill Foot Marriott as the second counselor. They are preceded by Elaine S. Dalton, Mary N. Cook and Ann M. Dibb.
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 106
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 34
- New friends plan to work together to... 24
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 14