We have a daughter who lives in Washington state. She told us that if she wanted to cut down a tree in her yard she had to buy a permit and post it on the tree for two weeks. If anyone disagrees with the cutting she could not do it. Mayor Bloomberg tried to control how much soda New Yorkers could drink. Schools are now told what they can and can not serve in lunches. West Valley City sent notices to home owners that they need to paint, move cars, re-roof, etc.
It seems that everything we do, government is telling us what we can and can't do. Government is controlling most if not every aspect of our lives. I thought that we the people were the ones to tell government what they can do.
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Letter: The ACA's 'Cadillac plans'
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- Letter: Homework load is fine
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- John Florez: Our economy is a matter of health
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 46
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 29
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28