We have a daughter who lives in Washington state. She told us that if she wanted to cut down a tree in her yard she had to buy a permit and post it on the tree for two weeks. If anyone disagrees with the cutting she could not do it. Mayor Bloomberg tried to control how much soda New Yorkers could drink. Schools are now told what they can and can not serve in lunches. West Valley City sent notices to home owners that they need to paint, move cars, re-roof, etc.
It seems that everything we do, government is telling us what we can and can't do. Government is controlling most if not every aspect of our lives. I thought that we the people were the ones to tell government what they can do.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29