We have a daughter who lives in Washington state. She told us that if she wanted to cut down a tree in her yard she had to buy a permit and post it on the tree for two weeks. If anyone disagrees with the cutting she could not do it. Mayor Bloomberg tried to control how much soda New Yorkers could drink. Schools are now told what they can and can not serve in lunches. West Valley City sent notices to home owners that they need to paint, move cars, re-roof, etc.
It seems that everything we do, government is telling us what we can and can't do. Government is controlling most if not every aspect of our lives. I thought that we the people were the ones to tell government what they can do.
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- Jay Evensen: In fight over school funding,...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33