Manuel Balce Ceneta, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — Vice President Joe Biden says the U.S. still needs an ambitious agenda to make American products competitive overseas.
Biden tells an annual conference of the Export-Import Bank that American workers can still compete with anyone in the world when the playing field is level. He's citing intellectual property theft as an impediment and says it must stop.
Biden says part of his job when he travels abroad is to be, in his words, an "extended chamber of commerce." He says he makes no apologies for fighting for American companies.
To stay competitive, Biden says the U.S. must reform its immigration system, maintain its presence as a Pacific power and invest in economic infrastructure.
The Obama administration is about halfway to its goal of doubling American exports by 2015.
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know
- Family fun with the top down at unique RV resort
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- How to be a billionaire
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800...
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 8
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- How to be a billionaire 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3