Few if any of the news stories on the death of popular film critic Roger Ebert have addressed his spiritual side. Turns out, his mother prayer he would be a Catholic priest and despite his self-description as a nonbeliever, he said in 2011 that my social conscience and my liberalism were founded on the teachings of Jesus."
This and more interesting details about the religious life of one of the nations most famous movie critics are in a Huffington Post blog by S. Brent Plate, visiting associate professor of religious studies at Hamilton College.
- Returned Mormon missionaries in 2014 FBS...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the world'...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 54
- Bible, Book of Mormon make list of top... 20
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7