Few if any of the news stories on the death of popular film critic Roger Ebert have addressed his spiritual side. Turns out, his mother prayer he would be a Catholic priest and despite his self-description as a nonbeliever, he said in 2011 that my social conscience and my liberalism were founded on the teachings of Jesus."
This and more interesting details about the religious life of one of the nations most famous movie critics are in a Huffington Post blog by S. Brent Plate, visiting associate professor of religious studies at Hamilton College.
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2