The governor is proclaiming Utah is becoming an "elite state," with the quality of life placing it at No. 4 in places to live in the U.S. That's well said, as I live past my 88th year. That declared, I concur with the article by Brian Moench wherein he doesn't want to give away any more of our Snake Valley water to Las Vegas ("Say No to Water Pipeline Agreement," March 27).
The water we have and the right to control and preserve it to our own benefit is a "sacred cow" and hands-off. Let's not give away a birthright. Do not cave in to this disastrous effect to our great state of Utah and its future growth. Our grandchildren do not want to live in a Sahara Desert wilderness. Stand tall and brandish a big stick!
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 26
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21