The governor is proclaiming Utah is becoming an "elite state," with the quality of life placing it at No. 4 in places to live in the U.S. That's well said, as I live past my 88th year. That declared, I concur with the article by Brian Moench wherein he doesn't want to give away any more of our Snake Valley water to Las Vegas ("Say No to Water Pipeline Agreement," March 27).
The water we have and the right to control and preserve it to our own benefit is a "sacred cow" and hands-off. Let's not give away a birthright. Do not cave in to this disastrous effect to our great state of Utah and its future growth. Our grandchildren do not want to live in a Sahara Desert wilderness. Stand tall and brandish a big stick!
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18