The governor is proclaiming Utah is becoming an "elite state," with the quality of life placing it at No. 4 in places to live in the U.S. That's well said, as I live past my 88th year. That declared, I concur with the article by Brian Moench wherein he doesn't want to give away any more of our Snake Valley water to Las Vegas ("Say No to Water Pipeline Agreement," March 27).
The water we have and the right to control and preserve it to our own benefit is a "sacred cow" and hands-off. Let's not give away a birthright. Do not cave in to this disastrous effect to our great state of Utah and its future growth. Our grandchildren do not want to live in a Sahara Desert wilderness. Stand tall and brandish a big stick!
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14