Since the Jazz moved to Utah in 1979, they have faced the Los Angeles Lakers 174 times.
Unsurprisingly the Lakers lead the regular season series, going 88 - 55 since the Jazz moved to Utah, but the Lakers are only 17 - 14 against the Jazz in six playoff series.
During the 90s, the Lakers-Jazz rivalry was at its peak. The Showtime era of the Lakers was fading, and the Stockton-Malone led Jazz quickly replaced the Lakers as the Western Conference powerhouse.
Currently, the Jazz are battling with the Lakers for the eighth and final spot in the Western Conference playoffs.
The Jazz control their own destiny, holding the tie breaker over the Lakers, however Los Angeles, which entered the season with high expectations, is looking to prove itself and justify its $100 million payroll.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25