Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
WASATCH 7, JUDGE MEMORIAL 4: Wasatch's Taggart Baxter had two hits and drove in two RBIs while Mason Holmes pitched a solid game on the mound to lead the Wasps to victory.
DELTA 13, NORTH SANPETE 3: Delta had a 10-run second inning to earn the lead and ultimately the victory. A.J. Schena was solid on the mound for the Rabbits while Kale Leavitt led them offensively with a double and a triple.
HURRICANE 10, KANAB 2: Adam Massey hit a triple to contribute to the Tigers' victory over Kanab. Massey also pitched the shutout and recorded the win on the mound.
EDISON, CALIF. 4, SPANISH FORK 3: The Dons left the bases loaded three different times and suffered the one-run defeat in spite of recorded 11 hits. In the loss, Bennett Bradford was 3-for-4, Brady Bate was 2-for-3, and Brock Nelson had two RBIs.
CARBON 14, OLYMPUS 2: Dakota Cisneros contributed a triple to the Dinos' 16 hits in the win over Olympus.
RICHFIELD 13, GUNNISON 5: Cody Blackham was 4-for-5 from the plate with a double and a triple to lead Richfield in the road victory.
AMERICAN FORK 2, ALTA 1: Riley Ottesen fanned 13 batters for the Cavemen.
DELTA 3, CARBON 2: Victor Almanza and McKay Sanders each found the back of the net for Delta in the Region win over Carbon.
BINGHAM 2, RIVERTON 0: Paige Reimann pitched a complete game and earned the win, despite being hit in the hand by Kyrae Kogianes' line drive in the sixth inning. The senior took a few minutes and then she rallied her teammates to come up with a win in the first region game of the season for the top-ranked Miners and second-ranked Silverwolves. Bingham scored when Chelsea Latu hit a home run over the left field fence with Shea Ibrahim on base thanks to a walk. Reimann then struck out two batters and got a third to ground out to shortstop Tori Glasker.
JUAN DIEGO 9, ALTA 0: Maddie Davis hit a double and pitched a shutout for Juan Diego in the win over Alta.
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit smiles...
- Tournament central: 5A boys quarterfinals...
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for Wasatch...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in pivotal...
- Dick Harmon: WCC tournament a chance for BYU...
- High school boys basketball: American Fork...
- High school boys basketball: Davis survives...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 75
- Jimmer Fredette makes debut with... 68
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 54
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 44
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 43
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 39
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 27