Skype announced yesterday that Skype users are spending 2 billion minutes per day on Skype.
"Skype on Tuesday morning announced the milestone on its blog, noting that 2 billion minutes is enough time to travel to the moon and back more than 225,000 times. It's also the equivalent of 1.388 million days, more than 3,805 years, or nearly 38 centuries of time spent on Skype in one day.
"'Thank you for making Skype a part of your daily life,' Elisa Steele, chief marketing officer at Skype, wrote in a blog post. 'With numbers like these, it's clear that Skype is for more than just for special occasions — it's for being together with those who matter most — at work, at home and anywhere in between.'
"Usage should ratchet up even further in upcoming weeks, given that Microsoft is phasing out its vintage Windows Live Messenger service and transitioning users over to Skype. Microsoft first announced plans to ditch Messenger in favor of Skype in November, but the upgrade is scheduled to officially begin on Windows desktops next week. Further, the Skype team doesn't show any signs of slowing down."
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know
- Family fun with the top down at unique RV resort
- How to be a billionaire
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800...
- Salt Lake convention hotel attracts developers
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 8
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- How to be a billionaire 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3