Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
I urge Gov. Gary Herbert to veto HB43. However well-intentioned it might have been, the simple fact remains that it has a chilling effect on citizens of this state to have a collective voice with a corporate sponsor that can pool the funds of those who are not wealthy and can independently lobby the Legislature. Each succeeding election shows the impact of funding on the ability to get a message or concern heard. Without the ability to have a corporate sponsor help the common man pool his money with others of similar interest, their ability to be heard is diminished. Again, please veto this bill.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- In our opinion: Utah sees improvement in...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 57
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 38
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30