Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
I urge Gov. Gary Herbert to veto HB43. However well-intentioned it might have been, the simple fact remains that it has a chilling effect on citizens of this state to have a collective voice with a corporate sponsor that can pool the funds of those who are not wealthy and can independently lobby the Legislature. Each succeeding election shows the impact of funding on the ability to get a message or concern heard. Without the ability to have a corporate sponsor help the common man pool his money with others of similar interest, their ability to be heard is diminished. Again, please veto this bill.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Letter: Vote for cleaner air
- Center that specializes in stories about...
- Midterm elections put a divided America on...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25