Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
I urge Gov. Gary Herbert to veto HB43. However well-intentioned it might have been, the simple fact remains that it has a chilling effect on citizens of this state to have a collective voice with a corporate sponsor that can pool the funds of those who are not wealthy and can independently lobby the Legislature. Each succeeding election shows the impact of funding on the ability to get a message or concern heard. Without the ability to have a corporate sponsor help the common man pool his money with others of similar interest, their ability to be heard is diminished. Again, please veto this bill.
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- Letter: The Fourth
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Greg Bell: Smartphones, tablets, laptops are...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21