Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
I urge Gov. Gary Herbert to veto HB43. However well-intentioned it might have been, the simple fact remains that it has a chilling effect on citizens of this state to have a collective voice with a corporate sponsor that can pool the funds of those who are not wealthy and can independently lobby the Legislature. Each succeeding election shows the impact of funding on the ability to get a message or concern heard. Without the ability to have a corporate sponsor help the common man pool his money with others of similar interest, their ability to be heard is diminished. Again, please veto this bill.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 52
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 29
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 26
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17