I believe we should raise the federal minimum wage. Minimum wage today is not nearly sufficient to provide for the ever-increasing cost of living. Many businesses take advantage of the current low rate and pay their full-time employees the bare minimum in order to "save costs." Minimum wage today is not even keeping up with inflation. I say let's raise the minimum wage and protect the workforce who can't protect themselves.
Dare I ask why our politicians are so afraid of it? Long-term studies show no ill side-effects of raising the minimum wage. There is no excuse for our complacency as a society.
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Jay Evensen: Norm Bangerter was Utah's Harry...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 37
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27