I believe we should raise the federal minimum wage. Minimum wage today is not nearly sufficient to provide for the ever-increasing cost of living. Many businesses take advantage of the current low rate and pay their full-time employees the bare minimum in order to "save costs." Minimum wage today is not even keeping up with inflation. I say let's raise the minimum wage and protect the workforce who can't protect themselves.
Dare I ask why our politicians are so afraid of it? Long-term studies show no ill side-effects of raising the minimum wage. There is no excuse for our complacency as a society.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Mary Barker: Religion and politics... 17
- In our opinion: How committed are... 17