I believe we should raise the federal minimum wage. Minimum wage today is not nearly sufficient to provide for the ever-increasing cost of living. Many businesses take advantage of the current low rate and pay their full-time employees the bare minimum in order to "save costs." Minimum wage today is not even keeping up with inflation. I say let's raise the minimum wage and protect the workforce who can't protect themselves.
Dare I ask why our politicians are so afraid of it? Long-term studies show no ill side-effects of raising the minimum wage. There is no excuse for our complacency as a society.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Coal and job creation 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18