I believe we should raise the federal minimum wage. Minimum wage today is not nearly sufficient to provide for the ever-increasing cost of living. Many businesses take advantage of the current low rate and pay their full-time employees the bare minimum in order to "save costs." Minimum wage today is not even keeping up with inflation. I say let's raise the minimum wage and protect the workforce who can't protect themselves.
Dare I ask why our politicians are so afraid of it? Long-term studies show no ill side-effects of raising the minimum wage. There is no excuse for our complacency as a society.
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18