I believe we should raise the federal minimum wage. Minimum wage today is not nearly sufficient to provide for the ever-increasing cost of living. Many businesses take advantage of the current low rate and pay their full-time employees the bare minimum in order to "save costs." Minimum wage today is not even keeping up with inflation. I say let's raise the minimum wage and protect the workforce who can't protect themselves.
Dare I ask why our politicians are so afraid of it? Long-term studies show no ill side-effects of raising the minimum wage. There is no excuse for our complacency as a society.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 60
- Letter: Doctors unite 39
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 32
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 25
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 18