PHOENIX — Dixie State senior Josh Mooney (American Fork) has been selected as the Pacific West Conference Pitcher of the Week.
Mooney recorded three saves in four appearances with a 0.00 ERA and a .063 batting average allowed during a 4-2 week for the Red Storm. He allowed one hit over 5.1 innings of work.
On March 27, Mooney pitched 3.0 innings in a 5-1 victory vs. Hawaii-Hilo to earn his first save of the week. He allowed one hit and one walk.
Two days later on March 29, he was credited with a save after pitching to one batter during a 12-8 win at Azusa Pacific.
Mooney entered the game in bottom of the ninth with two outs, the bases loaded and the tying run at the plate. He induced a fly out to right field to end the game.
He also pitched a scoreless final inning of a 4-1 win at Azusa Pacific in game two of a doubleheader on March 30 to earn his third save of the week.
In game one, Mooney pitched a 1-2-3 bottom of the eighth to give the Red Storm an opportunity to rally for a victory.
Dixie State ended up losing 9-8, but the Red Storm trailed 9-1 entering the top of the eighth and scored seven times to pull within one. Mooney's scoreless eighth kept the Red Storm in striking distance in the ninth.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42