Casey Crawford, ¬© Lightworkers Media / Hearst Productions Inc.
Although I agree with much of your editorial, I have a hard time recommending "The Bible" television series, particularly for families, because of the violent content ("A surprise hit?", March 25). The repeated slitting of throats left little to the imagination. As I watched the first few weeks I felt the one-sided portrayal left out so much of the beauty of the Old Testament. I question whether someone unfamiliar with the Old Testament would have been inspired by this particular portrayal of that great book of scripture.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage debate...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 102
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage... 81
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 62
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism 36
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 35