Casey Crawford, © Lightworkers Media / Hearst Productions Inc.
Although I agree with much of your editorial, I have a hard time recommending "The Bible" television series, particularly for families, because of the violent content ("A surprise hit?", March 25). The repeated slitting of throats left little to the imagination. As I watched the first few weeks I felt the one-sided portrayal left out so much of the beauty of the Old Testament. I question whether someone unfamiliar with the Old Testament would have been inspired by this particular portrayal of that great book of scripture.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and... 78
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 56
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 37
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- My view: Where is our Medicaid expansion? 20