Casey Crawford, © Lightworkers Media / Hearst Productions Inc.
Although I agree with much of your editorial, I have a hard time recommending "The Bible" television series, particularly for families, because of the violent content ("A surprise hit?", March 25). The repeated slitting of throats left little to the imagination. As I watched the first few weeks I felt the one-sided portrayal left out so much of the beauty of the Old Testament. I question whether someone unfamiliar with the Old Testament would have been inspired by this particular portrayal of that great book of scripture.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- This year's most popular editorials
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 21
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol' 19