Casey Crawford, © Lightworkers Media / Hearst Productions Inc.
Although I agree with much of your editorial, I have a hard time recommending "The Bible" television series, particularly for families, because of the violent content ("A surprise hit?", March 25). The repeated slitting of throats left little to the imagination. As I watched the first few weeks I felt the one-sided portrayal left out so much of the beauty of the Old Testament. I question whether someone unfamiliar with the Old Testament would have been inspired by this particular portrayal of that great book of scripture.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- My view: European view of American soft power
- A. Scott Anderson: SBA — a critical...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 58
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 42
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 26