Casey Crawford, © Lightworkers Media / Hearst Productions Inc.
Although I agree with much of your editorial, I have a hard time recommending "The Bible" television series, particularly for families, because of the violent content ("A surprise hit?", March 25). The repeated slitting of throats left little to the imagination. As I watched the first few weeks I felt the one-sided portrayal left out so much of the beauty of the Old Testament. I question whether someone unfamiliar with the Old Testament would have been inspired by this particular portrayal of that great book of scripture.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 63
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- My view: What message does Melania's... 33
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30