WEST VALLEY CITY — The Colorado Eagles defeated the Utah Grizzlies 7-4 Friday night at Maverik Center to end Utah's league-high 10-game unbeaten streak.
Utah took a 1-0 lead 4:55 into the first as Adam Estoclet and Colin Vock set up Jordan Clendenning for the score.
Colorado tied the game at one 12:10 into the period and took a power-play into the second period.
The Eagles scored 32 seconds into the second period and then again 48 seconds later to make it 3-1 and Utah trailed from there on out.
Utah made the game 3-2 on an Adam Estoclet power-play goal 5:05 into the second period and then 4-3 on an Evan Stoflet goal, but Colorado answered each Utah goal from there on out and it was 5-3 going to the third period.
After another Colorado goal, Utah made it 6-4 on a Berkley Scott power-play goal with 5:15 left, before Colorado added a late empty-netter.
Shane Owen relieved Ben Meisner in goal to start the third period and stopped nine of 10 shots.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19