WEST VALLEY CITY — The Colorado Eagles defeated the Utah Grizzlies 7-4 Friday night at Maverik Center to end Utah's league-high 10-game unbeaten streak.
Utah took a 1-0 lead 4:55 into the first as Adam Estoclet and Colin Vock set up Jordan Clendenning for the score.
Colorado tied the game at one 12:10 into the period and took a power-play into the second period.
The Eagles scored 32 seconds into the second period and then again 48 seconds later to make it 3-1 and Utah trailed from there on out.
Utah made the game 3-2 on an Adam Estoclet power-play goal 5:05 into the second period and then 4-3 on an Evan Stoflet goal, but Colorado answered each Utah goal from there on out and it was 5-3 going to the third period.
After another Colorado goal, Utah made it 6-4 on a Berkley Scott power-play goal with 5:15 left, before Colorado added a late empty-netter.
Shane Owen relieved Ben Meisner in goal to start the third period and stopped nine of 10 shots.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37