WEST VALLEY CITY — The Colorado Eagles defeated the Utah Grizzlies 7-4 Friday night at Maverik Center to end Utah's league-high 10-game unbeaten streak.
Utah took a 1-0 lead 4:55 into the first as Adam Estoclet and Colin Vock set up Jordan Clendenning for the score.
Colorado tied the game at one 12:10 into the period and took a power-play into the second period.
The Eagles scored 32 seconds into the second period and then again 48 seconds later to make it 3-1 and Utah trailed from there on out.
Utah made the game 3-2 on an Adam Estoclet power-play goal 5:05 into the second period and then 4-3 on an Evan Stoflet goal, but Colorado answered each Utah goal from there on out and it was 5-3 going to the third period.
After another Colorado goal, Utah made it 6-4 on a Berkley Scott power-play goal with 5:15 left, before Colorado added a late empty-netter.
Shane Owen relieved Ben Meisner in goal to start the third period and stopped nine of 10 shots.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33