WEST VALLEY CITY — The Colorado Eagles defeated the Utah Grizzlies 7-4 Friday night at Maverik Center to end Utah's league-high 10-game unbeaten streak.
Utah took a 1-0 lead 4:55 into the first as Adam Estoclet and Colin Vock set up Jordan Clendenning for the score.
Colorado tied the game at one 12:10 into the period and took a power-play into the second period.
The Eagles scored 32 seconds into the second period and then again 48 seconds later to make it 3-1 and Utah trailed from there on out.
Utah made the game 3-2 on an Adam Estoclet power-play goal 5:05 into the second period and then 4-3 on an Evan Stoflet goal, but Colorado answered each Utah goal from there on out and it was 5-3 going to the third period.
After another Colorado goal, Utah made it 6-4 on a Berkley Scott power-play goal with 5:15 left, before Colorado added a late empty-netter.
Shane Owen relieved Ben Meisner in goal to start the third period and stopped nine of 10 shots.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34