Is there something wrong with this picture? We send our hard-earned tax money to the government which in turn pays the salary (with our money) to the countless Internal Revenue Service employees whose job it is to be sure we pay a full and fair share of taxes. If we err or are delinquent in paying, they apprehend us and impose fines or penalties.
However, the IRS employees seemed to feel free to frivolously squander 60,000 of our dollars (yours and mine) to play Star Trek, complete with elaborate sets and costumes. The IRS admits this does not "reflect the best stewardship of resources." I want my money back.
Carolyn B. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Letter: Human body
- My view: Use of force debate should recognize...
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A more...
- In our opinion: School libraries need...
- Five principles to help guide public... 102
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 67
- Letter: Human body 40
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 38
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 16
- Robert J. Samuelson: The trouble with... 15
- Drew Clark: We need to consider... 15
- Letter: Transportation component 11