Is there something wrong with this picture? We send our hard-earned tax money to the government which in turn pays the salary (with our money) to the countless Internal Revenue Service employees whose job it is to be sure we pay a full and fair share of taxes. If we err or are delinquent in paying, they apprehend us and impose fines or penalties.
However, the IRS employees seemed to feel free to frivolously squander 60,000 of our dollars (yours and mine) to play Star Trek, complete with elaborate sets and costumes. The IRS admits this does not "reflect the best stewardship of resources." I want my money back.
Carolyn B. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- My view: European view of American soft power
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 59
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 47
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 32
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 28