Is there something wrong with this picture? We send our hard-earned tax money to the government which in turn pays the salary (with our money) to the countless Internal Revenue Service employees whose job it is to be sure we pay a full and fair share of taxes. If we err or are delinquent in paying, they apprehend us and impose fines or penalties.
However, the IRS employees seemed to feel free to frivolously squander 60,000 of our dollars (yours and mine) to play Star Trek, complete with elaborate sets and costumes. The IRS admits this does not "reflect the best stewardship of resources." I want my money back.
Carolyn B. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- Charles Krauthammer: In our politics, full...
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A compilation...
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare
- George F. Will: Regulatory overkill —...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 46
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 34
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28