Is there something wrong with this picture? We send our hard-earned tax money to the government which in turn pays the salary (with our money) to the countless Internal Revenue Service employees whose job it is to be sure we pay a full and fair share of taxes. If we err or are delinquent in paying, they apprehend us and impose fines or penalties.
However, the IRS employees seemed to feel free to frivolously squander 60,000 of our dollars (yours and mine) to play Star Trek, complete with elaborate sets and costumes. The IRS admits this does not "reflect the best stewardship of resources." I want my money back.
Carolyn B. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 64
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- My view: What message does Melania's... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30