Is there something wrong with this picture? We send our hard-earned tax money to the government which in turn pays the salary (with our money) to the countless Internal Revenue Service employees whose job it is to be sure we pay a full and fair share of taxes. If we err or are delinquent in paying, they apprehend us and impose fines or penalties.
However, the IRS employees seemed to feel free to frivolously squander 60,000 of our dollars (yours and mine) to play Star Trek, complete with elaborate sets and costumes. The IRS admits this does not "reflect the best stewardship of resources." I want my money back.
Carolyn B. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- Jay Evensen: In fight over school funding,...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27