CBS's most recently broadcast episode of "The Amazing Race" ("Your Tan Is Totally Cool") is disgraceful and dishonors those that served their country and sacrificed their lives in a foreign land. To use as a backdrop the twisted remains of a U.S. B-52 bomber shot down over Hanoi Vietnam in 1972 where two crew members of the downed plan remain MIA and presumed dead is insensitive, offensive and "reminiscent of Genghis Khan."
CBS owes a respectful and timely apology to living Vietnam War veterans and their families out of respect for the tens of thousands that are KIA and MIA.
Scott C. Olson
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Michael Gerson: The new impression of Ebola...
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 34
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues 24