CBS's most recently broadcast episode of "The Amazing Race" ("Your Tan Is Totally Cool") is disgraceful and dishonors those that served their country and sacrificed their lives in a foreign land. To use as a backdrop the twisted remains of a U.S. B-52 bomber shot down over Hanoi Vietnam in 1972 where two crew members of the downed plan remain MIA and presumed dead is insensitive, offensive and "reminiscent of Genghis Khan."
CBS owes a respectful and timely apology to living Vietnam War veterans and their families out of respect for the tens of thousands that are KIA and MIA.
Scott C. Olson
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28