I am very interested in the mentality of people thinking that just because you're a teenager you can't talk and drive, but once you're 20, you can do it just fine. There is something wrong with that kind of thinking, and I know for a fact that many people over the age of 20 cannot talk on the phone and drive at the same time. Believe me, I have almost been hit numerous times as I am out running or biking. Distracted drivers, whether it is from cell phones, smoking, drinking, eating or putting on makeup, are the most destructive thing on our highways. But I know we will never have a law that states no cell phones for anyone while driving, because everyone does it.
North Salt Lake
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 23
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- Letter: Where's the action? 17