I am very interested in the mentality of people thinking that just because you're a teenager you can't talk and drive, but once you're 20, you can do it just fine. There is something wrong with that kind of thinking, and I know for a fact that many people over the age of 20 cannot talk on the phone and drive at the same time. Believe me, I have almost been hit numerous times as I am out running or biking. Distracted drivers, whether it is from cell phones, smoking, drinking, eating or putting on makeup, are the most destructive thing on our highways. But I know we will never have a law that states no cell phones for anyone while driving, because everyone does it.
North Salt Lake
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24