I am very interested in the mentality of people thinking that just because you're a teenager you can't talk and drive, but once you're 20, you can do it just fine. There is something wrong with that kind of thinking, and I know for a fact that many people over the age of 20 cannot talk on the phone and drive at the same time. Believe me, I have almost been hit numerous times as I am out running or biking. Distracted drivers, whether it is from cell phones, smoking, drinking, eating or putting on makeup, are the most destructive thing on our highways. But I know we will never have a law that states no cell phones for anyone while driving, because everyone does it.
North Salt Lake
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31