I am very interested in the mentality of people thinking that just because you're a teenager you can't talk and drive, but once you're 20, you can do it just fine. There is something wrong with that kind of thinking, and I know for a fact that many people over the age of 20 cannot talk on the phone and drive at the same time. Believe me, I have almost been hit numerous times as I am out running or biking. Distracted drivers, whether it is from cell phones, smoking, drinking, eating or putting on makeup, are the most destructive thing on our highways. But I know we will never have a law that states no cell phones for anyone while driving, because everyone does it.
North Salt Lake
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Attention diverted
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 44
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Letter: Society puzzles 32