NEW YORK (AP) The daughter of New York real estate mogul Peter Kalikow (KAL'-ih-koh) and her boyfriend have been arrested for allegedly dealing heroin.
According to court records, 27-year-old Kathryn Kalikow and 28-year-old Brian Whalen sold the drug in Fordham on Sunday after arranging the sale on Craigslist. The papers say the buyer was an undercover police officer conducting a sting.
Peter Kalikow heads a major real estate firm, has served on numerous civic boards and once owned the New York Post. He says he and his wife are concentrating on helping their daughter.
Kathryn Kalikow and Whalen met while attending Vassar College.
They were arraigned in the Bronx on Monday on drug counts and released on their own recognizance.
According to the New York Post, their attorney said they will enter treatment programs.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10