NEW YORK (AP) The daughter of New York real estate mogul Peter Kalikow (KAL'-ih-koh) and her boyfriend have been arrested for allegedly dealing heroin.
According to court records, 27-year-old Kathryn Kalikow and 28-year-old Brian Whalen sold the drug in Fordham on Sunday after arranging the sale on Craigslist. The papers say the buyer was an undercover police officer conducting a sting.
Peter Kalikow heads a major real estate firm, has served on numerous civic boards and once owned the New York Post. He says he and his wife are concentrating on helping their daughter.
Kathryn Kalikow and Whalen met while attending Vassar College.
They were arraigned in the Bronx on Monday on drug counts and released on their own recognizance.
According to the New York Post, their attorney said they will enter treatment programs.
- From 0.3 to 81.1: What percentage of each...
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's...
- Jet may have turned; suspicious passengers...
- Oil slick not from missing Malaysian plane;...
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for school to...
- Themes of faith, freedom echo at CPAC in...
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican... 20
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 19
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for... 13
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians 9
- Ukraine doesn't keep Obama from Florida... 7