NEW YORK (AP) The daughter of New York real estate mogul Peter Kalikow (KAL'-ih-koh) and her boyfriend have been arrested for allegedly dealing heroin.
According to court records, 27-year-old Kathryn Kalikow and 28-year-old Brian Whalen sold the drug in Fordham on Sunday after arranging the sale on Craigslist. The papers say the buyer was an undercover police officer conducting a sting.
Peter Kalikow heads a major real estate firm, has served on numerous civic boards and once owned the New York Post. He says he and his wife are concentrating on helping their daughter.
Kathryn Kalikow and Whalen met while attending Vassar College.
They were arraigned in the Bronx on Monday on drug counts and released on their own recognizance.
According to the New York Post, their attorney said they will enter treatment programs.
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some who died in...
- AP Photos: 4 seasons in 1 war on WWI...
- Feisty former NYC schools chief cuts loose on...
- Abused children die as officials across the...
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his powers
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Timeline of the Sony Pictures Entertainment hack
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 31
- Police: 3 dead, including gunman, in... 18
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 12
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11