FAIRMONT, N.C. — Authorities say a 10-year-old boy was killed in North Carolina when he was shot by his father while the parent cleaned a shotgun.
Robeson County deputies say 34-year-old Christopher Stanlane was on the couch in his Fairmont home wiping down the gun around 4 p.m. Sunday when it fired.
Investigators say the boy was sitting in front of his father watching television and was struck in the head. Paramedic declared him dead at the home.
No charges have been filed, and deputies are still investigating the shooting.
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- No gray area: Beliefs shape firm, disparate...
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- Study claims cave art made by Neanderthals
- AP Analysis: Putin digs in for long Ukraine...
- 32 teens escape from Nashville detention center
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants... 18
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 17
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- US judge blocks enforcement of new... 9