The state of Utah recently passed the 117th anniversary of its admission to the Union. Utah has been called the "best managed" state in the nation, yet we are still subject to our paternalistic Uncle Fed for control of the majority of our land. How old must Utah, or any "public lands" state, be in order to achieve its majority and the "equal footing with the original states" that was promised?
Thomas W. Brown
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21