The state of Utah recently passed the 117th anniversary of its admission to the Union. Utah has been called the "best managed" state in the nation, yet we are still subject to our paternalistic Uncle Fed for control of the majority of our land. How old must Utah, or any "public lands" state, be in order to achieve its majority and the "equal footing with the original states" that was promised?
Thomas W. Brown
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the...
- Jay Evensen: Don't let an apocalypse-free...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- Letter: A ‘cursory’ look
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 40
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21