The state of Utah recently passed the 117th anniversary of its admission to the Union. Utah has been called the "best managed" state in the nation, yet we are still subject to our paternalistic Uncle Fed for control of the majority of our land. How old must Utah, or any "public lands" state, be in order to achieve its majority and the "equal footing with the original states" that was promised?
Thomas W. Brown
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 55
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25