The state of Utah recently passed the 117th anniversary of its admission to the Union. Utah has been called the "best managed" state in the nation, yet we are still subject to our paternalistic Uncle Fed for control of the majority of our land. How old must Utah, or any "public lands" state, be in order to achieve its majority and the "equal footing with the original states" that was promised?
Thomas W. Brown
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Richard Davis: Why do I serve?
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18