SALT LAKE CITY — After still another road loss, their ninth in a row, the Utah Jazz will try to get back on the winning track tonight when they take on the Philadelphia 76ers at 7 p.m.
The Jazz went 0-3 on their Texas road trip, which started in Houston on Wednesday and ended Sunday night in Dallas with a stop in San Antonio in between.
With the three losses, the Jazz fell below .500 for the first time since early January and out of the playoff picture, two games behind the Los Angeles Lakers, and stand 34-36.
With eight home games in their last 12, including three this week, the Jazz hope they can make a late run and make the playoffs for the second year in a row.
"We have 12 games left and we're going to have a little homestretch," said Enes Kanter, who led the Jazz with 17 points Sunday. "We just have to stick together and fight through it and I believe and we can make the playoffs."
Coach Tyrone Corbin is clearly frustrated by the Jazz' inability to win recent games, despite playing well for stretches. But he's not looking back and feels his team can still work its way into the playoffs.
"We can't get the games back that we lost," Corbin said. "We're going to lay everything we have out there for 12 games and see what happens. We're not going to lay down. We're going to fight and scratch for every little thing we can get and see where it ends up."
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- Utah Jazz: Comparisons inevitable between...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 185
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 77
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 49