Manuel Balce Ceneta, Associated Press
When I called Sen. Mike Lee's office to indicate my support of the universal background check for gun purchases, I learned some interesting information. Sen. Lee's staff indicated that he opposed this bill. The staffer indicated that the "liberal biased" polls, which show the vast majority of Utahans support this legislation, were inaccurate and the Senator relied on the Legislature (which clearly opposes this legislation) for a more accurate reading of the people's will. The staffer also indicated that not many citizens had offered an opinion on this legislation, but of those who had, the vast majority opposed the legislation.
I would ask any citizens who are concerned about this issue to take a second and call Sen. Lee's office to express your opinion.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 43
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16