Manuel Balce Ceneta, Associated Press
When I called Sen. Mike Lee's office to indicate my support of the universal background check for gun purchases, I learned some interesting information. Sen. Lee's staff indicated that he opposed this bill. The staffer indicated that the "liberal biased" polls, which show the vast majority of Utahans support this legislation, were inaccurate and the Senator relied on the Legislature (which clearly opposes this legislation) for a more accurate reading of the people's will. The staffer also indicated that not many citizens had offered an opinion on this legislation, but of those who had, the vast majority opposed the legislation.
I would ask any citizens who are concerned about this issue to take a second and call Sen. Lee's office to express your opinion.
- 10 children's movies with rumored political...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- My view: SB54 will politically and culturally...
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 59
- Letter: End daylight saving time 39
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 35
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 31
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 26