Manuel Balce Ceneta, Associated Press
When I called Sen. Mike Lee's office to indicate my support of the universal background check for gun purchases, I learned some interesting information. Sen. Lee's staff indicated that he opposed this bill. The staffer indicated that the "liberal biased" polls, which show the vast majority of Utahans support this legislation, were inaccurate and the Senator relied on the Legislature (which clearly opposes this legislation) for a more accurate reading of the people's will. The staffer also indicated that not many citizens had offered an opinion on this legislation, but of those who had, the vast majority opposed the legislation.
I would ask any citizens who are concerned about this issue to take a second and call Sen. Lee's office to express your opinion.
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA
- Letter: Our public lands
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 29
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Mantua speed trap 17
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 15