Manuel Balce Ceneta, Associated Press
When I called Sen. Mike Lee's office to indicate my support of the universal background check for gun purchases, I learned some interesting information. Sen. Lee's staff indicated that he opposed this bill. The staffer indicated that the "liberal biased" polls, which show the vast majority of Utahans support this legislation, were inaccurate and the Senator relied on the Legislature (which clearly opposes this legislation) for a more accurate reading of the people's will. The staffer also indicated that not many citizens had offered an opinion on this legislation, but of those who had, the vast majority opposed the legislation.
I would ask any citizens who are concerned about this issue to take a second and call Sen. Lee's office to express your opinion.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage debate...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage... 84
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 63
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism 38
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 36