Manuel Balce Ceneta, Associated Press
When I called Sen. Mike Lee's office to indicate my support of the universal background check for gun purchases, I learned some interesting information. Sen. Lee's staff indicated that he opposed this bill. The staffer indicated that the "liberal biased" polls, which show the vast majority of Utahans support this legislation, were inaccurate and the Senator relied on the Legislature (which clearly opposes this legislation) for a more accurate reading of the people's will. The staffer also indicated that not many citizens had offered an opinion on this legislation, but of those who had, the vast majority opposed the legislation.
I would ask any citizens who are concerned about this issue to take a second and call Sen. Lee's office to express your opinion.
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Last year's Utah Compromise is a model in...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20