Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Letter: Human body
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- My view: Use of force debate should recognize...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A more...
- In our opinion: School libraries need...
- Five principles to help guide public... 101
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 66
- Letter: Human body 40
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 33
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 16
- Robert J. Samuelson: The trouble with... 15
- Drew Clark: We need to consider... 15
- Letter: Transportation component 11