Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 47
- Letter: Condoning torture 37
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 25