Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 72
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 32
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 25
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 22