Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 31