Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- Drew Clark: Meaning of 'thou shalt not kill'...
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in...
- In our opinion: Obamacare's 'success'... 88
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 51
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 51
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Money is not speech 36
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24