Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 35
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30