Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- Letter: Degrading literature
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 48
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33
- Letter: Outdated climate 27