Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- Letter: Act with love, not fear
- In our opinion: Utah is abundantly richer for...
- Derek B. Miller: Stop playing politics with...
- Michael Gerson: The Trump effect on the GOP...
- My view: Bring back the blacksmith: A case...
- Doug Robinson: The Iron Lady of Utah
- Letter: The truly needy
- Letter: Board member resignation