Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 65
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 48
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 32
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 20
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 16