Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 54
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 31
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20