Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Jay Evensen: No more rent for inmates —...
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Lois M. Collins: Ukraine hoax fuels anger,...
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform should...
- Letter: Science consensus is slow, methodical
- Letter: Right and wrong 85
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 67
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 47
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 43
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 39
- In our opinion: Dramatic transformation... 28
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare 28