Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- Letter: No end in sight
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 34
- Letter: Not so lazy 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31