Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 26
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25