Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Gabriel Roth: Get the government out of the...
- Letter: Legalizing drugs
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 36
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 36
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32