Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's new version of...
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- Letter: Fall of America
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: With...