Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 76
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Utah's birthright 45
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 41
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36