Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 45
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 37
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 30
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22