Letter: 'Popemobile' term is hurtful to both the Pope, Catholic and other Christian religions
Angelo Carconi, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The mainstream media has always hated any sense of morals and any non-deviant lifestyle. I have always felt that the term "Popemobile" was meant to demean and trivialize both the Pope and the Catholic and other Christian religions.
Can you imagine if there was such a term to denote the names of cars used by leaders of other religions? Or what about an Obamamobile or a Prezmobile? I felt alone way back when I seemed the only one taken back by the Popemobile's first use. But then I'm taken back when the killing of thousands of innocent people is called "ethnic cleansing." I call any such tragic event a Holocaust. But then that's me. What about other "Christians"?
- In the words of Thomas Jefferson: Why...
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and Healthy...
- Letter: Medically fragile
- A. Scott Anderson: Healthy Utah is the...
- Michael Gerson: Christianity, grace...
- Jay Evensen: Don't turn prison relocation...
- Letter: Bear Lake driving
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront Islamic...
- Robert Bennett: Are Republican... 49
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 41
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Medically fragile 31
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- Allowing export of U.S. crude oil would... 22
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 22