Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a little tired of the bad publicity over our bad air a few days a year. I am not proud of the bad air or all the publicity, but we do live in a basin where no water escapes and inversions will happen. But look at our positives — no hurricanes or tsunamis, very few tornadoes or high wind or thunderstorms. Add the beauty of our canyons, high mountains and wonderful lakes. Throw in our special culture, best snow on earth and excellent education system and special workforce. Add our moderate winters and summers and the most beautiful spring and autumns.
Our area is pretty darn good. I think it's a great place to live, work and raise a family.
T. G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 71
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 39
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26