Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a little tired of the bad publicity over our bad air a few days a year. I am not proud of the bad air or all the publicity, but we do live in a basin where no water escapes and inversions will happen. But look at our positives — no hurricanes or tsunamis, very few tornadoes or high wind or thunderstorms. Add the beauty of our canyons, high mountains and wonderful lakes. Throw in our special culture, best snow on earth and excellent education system and special workforce. Add our moderate winters and summers and the most beautiful spring and autumns.
Our area is pretty darn good. I think it's a great place to live, work and raise a family.
T. G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30