Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a little tired of the bad publicity over our bad air a few days a year. I am not proud of the bad air or all the publicity, but we do live in a basin where no water escapes and inversions will happen. But look at our positives — no hurricanes or tsunamis, very few tornadoes or high wind or thunderstorms. Add the beauty of our canyons, high mountains and wonderful lakes. Throw in our special culture, best snow on earth and excellent education system and special workforce. Add our moderate winters and summers and the most beautiful spring and autumns.
Our area is pretty darn good. I think it's a great place to live, work and raise a family.
T. G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- Letter: No oversight at all
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: Bullying time
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 76
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 41
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about... 34
- Letter: We can do better 27
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 26
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 22