Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a little tired of the bad publicity over our bad air a few days a year. I am not proud of the bad air or all the publicity, but we do live in a basin where no water escapes and inversions will happen. But look at our positives — no hurricanes or tsunamis, very few tornadoes or high wind or thunderstorms. Add the beauty of our canyons, high mountains and wonderful lakes. Throw in our special culture, best snow on earth and excellent education system and special workforce. Add our moderate winters and summers and the most beautiful spring and autumns.
Our area is pretty darn good. I think it's a great place to live, work and raise a family.
T. G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 27
- Letter: No limits 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 19
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 19