Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I am a little tired of the bad publicity over our bad air a few days a year. I am not proud of the bad air or all the publicity, but we do live in a basin where no water escapes and inversions will happen. But look at our positives — no hurricanes or tsunamis, very few tornadoes or high wind or thunderstorms. Add the beauty of our canyons, high mountains and wonderful lakes. Throw in our special culture, best snow on earth and excellent education system and special workforce. Add our moderate winters and summers and the most beautiful spring and autumns.
Our area is pretty darn good. I think it's a great place to live, work and raise a family.
T. G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 41
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Medically fragile 30
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- Allowing export of U.S. crude oil would... 22
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 22
- Require a civics test? Americans have a... 20