In tough times, many of us can become so focused on our own needs that we may overlook a chance to help someone else. The goal of "Love Utah Give Utah" is to call attention to the ways we can make a difference, which is easier to accomplish than many people think. People may become discouraged if they think their donation is too small, but a lot of small donations add up quickly.
Local communities have tried similar approaches, and the results have been inspiring. Park City's Day of Giving in November has raised over $600,000 for non-profit organizations. Taking this effort statewide is the right thing to do, and, hopefully, it will generate even greater support.
You can get involved by visiting www.loveUTgiveUT.org online. To participate, all you need is a $10 minimum donation, which is fully tax deductible. This is an effort whose time, thankfully, has come.
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- Letter: The ACA's 'Cadillac plans'
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Letter: Homework load is fine
- John Florez: Our economy is a matter of health
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 46
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 29
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28