I found out that if I fail to pay my garbage collection fee, which is no longer a part of my property tax assessment, that it will be added back into my property tax assessment and there will not be a late fee charge included. So what exactly is my motivation to go through the trouble of paying my garbage collection fee? Better yet, what is the motivation for taking the fee out of my property tax assessment where it has been ever since property taxes began?
The statement that I received in the mail indicated that it could not be legally included in the property tax assessment. Why not just leave it where it is and change the name to a delinquent garbage collection payment fee. Seems to me to be a much better solution for everyone, including Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...