I found out that if I fail to pay my garbage collection fee, which is no longer a part of my property tax assessment, that it will be added back into my property tax assessment and there will not be a late fee charge included. So what exactly is my motivation to go through the trouble of paying my garbage collection fee? Better yet, what is the motivation for taking the fee out of my property tax assessment where it has been ever since property taxes began?
The statement that I received in the mail indicated that it could not be legally included in the property tax assessment. Why not just leave it where it is and change the name to a delinquent garbage collection payment fee. Seems to me to be a much better solution for everyone, including Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling.
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- Charles Krauthammer: In our politics, full...
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A compilation...
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare
- George F. Will: Regulatory overkill —...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 46
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 34
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28