I found out that if I fail to pay my garbage collection fee, which is no longer a part of my property tax assessment, that it will be added back into my property tax assessment and there will not be a late fee charge included. So what exactly is my motivation to go through the trouble of paying my garbage collection fee? Better yet, what is the motivation for taking the fee out of my property tax assessment where it has been ever since property taxes began?
The statement that I received in the mail indicated that it could not be legally included in the property tax assessment. Why not just leave it where it is and change the name to a delinquent garbage collection payment fee. Seems to me to be a much better solution for everyone, including Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling.
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Letter: Growing party divide
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- In our opinion: Smoking aside, Utah can still...
- Richard Davis: Our representatives should be...
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Kathleen Parker: Pope Francis calls for a...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 65
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- In our opinion: A Supreme missed... 58
- Dave Folland: No more excuses on... 44
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 40
- Letter: Why I voted Democrat 35
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 34