Security found a hidden sword in a traveller's cane, but she claimed she didn't know it was there.
'En garde,' you cane-carrying fliers: You may be armed, and the TSA thinks thats dangerous.
"A sword concealed in an antique walking cane was intercepted this week at a Transportation Security Administration checkpoint at Dulles International Airport. The woman carrying it told the TSA shed bought it at an antique store and had no idea that the sword blade was hidden inside it.
'Interestingly, this is not a rare occurrence,' said TSA spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein. 'TSA officers around the country detect swords and daggers concealed inside peoples canes with some frequency. Most people, as was the case with the woman traveling through [Dulles], dont realize that their cane has something hidden inside.'
"She was allowed to continue her trip, but without the cane."
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- Train with plane crash bodies leaves rebel town
- BYU-Idaho, Rexburg experience flooding after...
- Dutch tell rebels: Train full of bodies must...
- Survey: Public 'warm' to Jews, Catholics and...
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard to...
- To encourage saving, some states turn to prizes
- Obama will sign order barring gay,...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 35
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 22
- Tea party groups' suit against IRS... 20
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 18
- US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay... 17
- Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot... 14
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12
- Liberals swoon for Elizabeth Warren,... 9