Orem resident Kirsten LaKose's Corn and Chile Biscuit Bake is one of the 60 recipes in the Amazing Doable Dinners that will be narrowed to 33 finalists through online voting at bakeoff.com. The online voting runs through March 28 and free online registration is required to vote.
The 33 finalists will compete at the Bake-Off event in the fall in Las Vegas. See bakeoff.com to vote or for information.
Corn and Chile Biscuit Bake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
1 bag (11.8 ounce) Green Giant Seasoned Steamer frozen honey roasted sweet corn
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cans (4 ounce each) chopped green chiles, drained
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 ounce)
1 can Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 count)
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13-by-9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Microwave corn as directed on bag.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs and milk with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in chiles, cumin, 1 cup of the cheese and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half crosswise; cut each half into thirds. Fold biscuit pieces and corn into egg mixture.
Spray one side of foil with Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Pour biscuit mixture into baking dish, distributing biscuit pieces evenly. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese; cover with foil, sprayed side down. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until set; remove foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until golden brown around edges. Let stand 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23 grams (Saturated Fat 11 grams, Trans Fat 0 grams), Cholesterol 170milligrams; Sodium 1140 milligrams; Total Carbohydrate 36 grams (Dietary Fiber 1 grams, Sugars 3 grams), Protein 17 grams; Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Fat
— Kirsten LaKose of Orem; Pillsbury Bake-Off Amazing Doable Dinners semifinalist
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies don’t have...
- Contractors' rendition of 'How Great Thou...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- The Clean Cut: Man brought to tears by...
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal that...
- Motherhood Matters: How my son's routine...
- 'Jam-packed with drama': Utah Opera set to...
- Steve Eaton: Counting calories requires a...
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Ann Romney writes about finding hope,... 6
- How 1 in 3 teens handle a breakup will... 6
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just... 5
- Contractors' rendition of 'How Great... 4
- UTubers: 'Studio C' dines at The... 2
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 2
- UTubers: 'Studio C' cast members play... 1