Guy on the bus: "Why the huge federal debt? I couldn't run my household that way."
Me: "O.K., how do you run your household? Do you have a mortgage?"
Me: "How much do you still owe on your student loans?"
Guy: "Uh, a lot."
Me: "Did you borrow to buy your wife that car she uses to go to work?"
Me: "If you add up all that debt, how does it compare to your annual income?"
Guy: "Oh, it's like more than five years of income."
Me: "The federal debt is equal to about one year of its income. Sounds like you're five times as irresponsible as the government. I'm sure glad we don't run the country the way you run your household."
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- Letter: Is hard work unorthodox?
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?