Guy on the bus: "Why the huge federal debt? I couldn't run my household that way."
Me: "O.K., how do you run your household? Do you have a mortgage?"
Me: "How much do you still owe on your student loans?"
Guy: "Uh, a lot."
Me: "Did you borrow to buy your wife that car she uses to go to work?"
Me: "If you add up all that debt, how does it compare to your annual income?"
Guy: "Oh, it's like more than five years of income."
Me: "The federal debt is equal to about one year of its income. Sounds like you're five times as irresponsible as the government. I'm sure glad we don't run the country the way you run your household."
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- In our opinion: Accountability, expectations...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- Kathleen Parker: Mark Sanford's ongoing saga...
- Letter: Moral decline 89
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 69
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 57
- In our opinion: Some universities... 46
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25