Guy on the bus: "Why the huge federal debt? I couldn't run my household that way."
Me: "O.K., how do you run your household? Do you have a mortgage?"
Me: "How much do you still owe on your student loans?"
Guy: "Uh, a lot."
Me: "Did you borrow to buy your wife that car she uses to go to work?"
Me: "If you add up all that debt, how does it compare to your annual income?"
Guy: "Oh, it's like more than five years of income."
Me: "The federal debt is equal to about one year of its income. Sounds like you're five times as irresponsible as the government. I'm sure glad we don't run the country the way you run your household."
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 68
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 19
- Letter: Where's the action? 17