Guy on the bus: "Why the huge federal debt? I couldn't run my household that way."
Me: "O.K., how do you run your household? Do you have a mortgage?"
Me: "How much do you still owe on your student loans?"
Guy: "Uh, a lot."
Me: "Did you borrow to buy your wife that car she uses to go to work?"
Me: "If you add up all that debt, how does it compare to your annual income?"
Guy: "Oh, it's like more than five years of income."
Me: "The federal debt is equal to about one year of its income. Sounds like you're five times as irresponsible as the government. I'm sure glad we don't run the country the way you run your household."
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 52
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 27