Guy on the bus: "Why the huge federal debt? I couldn't run my household that way."
Me: "O.K., how do you run your household? Do you have a mortgage?"
Me: "How much do you still owe on your student loans?"
Guy: "Uh, a lot."
Me: "Did you borrow to buy your wife that car she uses to go to work?"
Me: "If you add up all that debt, how does it compare to your annual income?"
Guy: "Oh, it's like more than five years of income."
Me: "The federal debt is equal to about one year of its income. Sounds like you're five times as irresponsible as the government. I'm sure glad we don't run the country the way you run your household."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 32
- President should not act without... 28