Guy on the bus: "Why the huge federal debt? I couldn't run my household that way."
Me: "O.K., how do you run your household? Do you have a mortgage?"
Me: "How much do you still owe on your student loans?"
Guy: "Uh, a lot."
Me: "Did you borrow to buy your wife that car she uses to go to work?"
Me: "If you add up all that debt, how does it compare to your annual income?"
Guy: "Oh, it's like more than five years of income."
Me: "The federal debt is equal to about one year of its income. Sounds like you're five times as irresponsible as the government. I'm sure glad we don't run the country the way you run your household."
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core just...
- In our opinion: Recent Napa Valley earthquake...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 81
- Letter: Police brutality 59
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 43
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 32
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 27
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 24
- Michael Gerson: Too detached to lead?... 24