Guy on the bus: "Why the huge federal debt? I couldn't run my household that way."
Me: "O.K., how do you run your household? Do you have a mortgage?"
Me: "How much do you still owe on your student loans?"
Guy: "Uh, a lot."
Me: "Did you borrow to buy your wife that car she uses to go to work?"
Me: "If you add up all that debt, how does it compare to your annual income?"
Guy: "Oh, it's like more than five years of income."
Me: "The federal debt is equal to about one year of its income. Sounds like you're five times as irresponsible as the government. I'm sure glad we don't run the country the way you run your household."
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- My view: Immigration reform just makes sense,...
- George F. Will: Understanding our divisions:...
- Jay Evensen: Infatuated with his good looks,...
- In our opinion: Enhancing safe haven support...
- About Utah: Biggest weekend of the year at...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- Letter: Moab's BLM leases worrying
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 48
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 36
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 32
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26
- Letter: Enough with the homework already 24