Hometown report update: 14 Utahns playing in postseason tournaments
Note: The senior guard led the Lumberjacks in assists (4.6) and steals (1.5) while placing fourth in points (6.6).
Was: Mountain View High. Now: Melbourne Tigers, Australia
Note: Averaging 12.3 points and 6.3 rebounds for the sixth-place Tigers.
Was: Lone Peak High. Now: BYU
Note: Averaging 4.4 points per game while shooting .567 from the field, which is second-best on the team.
Was: Davis High Now: Southern Utah
Note: Led the Thunderbirds in points (17.6), rebounds (6.1) and free-throw shooting 86.7 %.
Was: Sky View High. Now: Utah State
Note: Helped Utah State to be one of the top teams in rebounding margin.
Was: Brighton High. Now: Hawaii
Note: Averaging 5.6 assists and 3.2 points per game for the Warriors, who will host Air Force in the CIT first round on Thursday.
Was: Clearfield High. Now: Utah Valley
Note: One of UVU's most versatile players, the senior led UVU in assists (4.2) while also averaging 7.9 rebounds and 9.9 points per game.
Was: Provo High. Now: SPO Rouen, France, NLB Pro B
Note: Hasn't played since a double-double in Rouen's upset of Fos Ouest on March 9.
Was: Pleasant Grove High. Now: Washington
Note: The junior guard is the leading scorer (16.7 points) for the Huskes, who face BYU on Tuesday in the first round of the NIT.
Was: Judge Memorial. Now: Utah
Note: The 6-foot-10 center will sat out the 2011-12 season because of transfer rules.
Missing anyone? Contact Aaron Morton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Basketball hometown report
Of the 43 Utahns playing Division I college basketball, 14 will be playing in postseason tournaments this week. Marcus Duran and the rest of the 15-seeded Pacific Tigers will take on the heavily-favored 2-seeded Miami Hurricanes on Friday on TNT. Meanwhile Utahns playing for BYU, Long Beach State, Stanford and Washington are playing in the NIT, while players from Hawaii and Weber State are hosting CIT first-round games.
Was: Lone Peak High. Now: BYU
Note: Started in the Cougars' narrow loss to San Diego in the WCC tournament. Averaged 3.5 points and 4.2 rebounds for the NIT-bound Cougars.
Was: Olympus High. Now: Stanford
Note: The junior forward/center did not play this season for the NIT-bound Cardinal.
Was: Orem High. Now: BYU
Note: The senior guard has seen his minutes steadily increase. He averaged 4.3 points and 2.2 assists per game this season.
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 137
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 102
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 58
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 47