Hometown report update: 14 Utahns playing in postseason tournaments
Note: The freshman guard led the Aggies in assists, averaging 3.3 helpers a game.
Was: Springville High. Now: BYU
Note: The junior from Chihuahua, Mexico is averaging 1.9 points, 1 rebound and .5 assists.
Was: Granger High and Cottonwood High. Now: Long Beach State
Note: Averages 5.2 points for the regular-season Big West champions, who will play at Baylor on Wednesday in the NIT.
Was: West High. Now: Long Beach State
Note: Sophomore hasn't played since Feb. 16; scored 8 points in 20 minutes this season.
Was: Murray High. Now: Pacific
Note: Helped the Tigers win the Big West tournament, will play Miami in the first round of the NCAA Tournament in Austin, Texas, on Friday.
Was: Davis High Now: Loyola Marymount
Note: The sophomore guard helped LMU in its remarkable WCC tournament run. The last-place Lions won three games before falling to Gonzaga in the semifinals.
Was: West Jordan High. Now: Nebraska
Note: Led the Huskers in steals per game (1.4) while averaging 12.5 points a game — good enough for second best on the team.
Was: Spanish Fork High. Now: Southern Utah
Note: The sophomore guard 1 point and 1 assist in three games of action this season.
Was: Pine View High. Now: San Jose State
Note: Junior forward averaged 6.9 points per game for the Spartans.
Was: Olympus High. Now: CB Lucentum Alicante, Spain, LEB Gold
Note: Former Ute is averaging 8.4 points and 4.5 rebounds a game for third-place Lucentum.
Was: Riverton High. Now: Valga, Estonia KLM
Note: Hasn't played since Feb. 9.
Was: Lone Peak High. Now: VEF Riga, Latvia LBL
Note: Has become an important player off the bench for his new team — especially in the VTB United League.
Was: Mountain Crest High. Now: Southern Utah
Note: Junior center averaged 3.6 points, 3 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game — all improvements on his sophomore season.
Was: Orem High. Now: BYU
Note: The freshman center is averaging 1 point and 1 rebound per game.
Was: Lone Peak High. Now: BYU
Note: The sophomore the Cougars in minutes (34 per game), points (20.9) and free-throw shooting (86.8%)
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20