Hometown report update: 14 Utahns playing in postseason tournaments
Note: The freshman guard led the Aggies in assists, averaging 3.3 helpers a game.
Was: Springville High. Now: BYU
Note: The junior from Chihuahua, Mexico is averaging 1.9 points, 1 rebound and .5 assists.
Was: Granger High and Cottonwood High. Now: Long Beach State
Note: Averages 5.2 points for the regular-season Big West champions, who will play at Baylor on Wednesday in the NIT.
Was: West High. Now: Long Beach State
Note: Sophomore hasn't played since Feb. 16; scored 8 points in 20 minutes this season.
Was: Murray High. Now: Pacific
Note: Helped the Tigers win the Big West tournament, will play Miami in the first round of the NCAA Tournament in Austin, Texas, on Friday.
Was: Davis High Now: Loyola Marymount
Note: The sophomore guard helped LMU in its remarkable WCC tournament run. The last-place Lions won three games before falling to Gonzaga in the semifinals.
Was: West Jordan High. Now: Nebraska
Note: Led the Huskers in steals per game (1.4) while averaging 12.5 points a game — good enough for second best on the team.
Was: Spanish Fork High. Now: Southern Utah
Note: The sophomore guard 1 point and 1 assist in three games of action this season.
Was: Pine View High. Now: San Jose State
Note: Junior forward averaged 6.9 points per game for the Spartans.
Was: Olympus High. Now: CB Lucentum Alicante, Spain, LEB Gold
Note: Former Ute is averaging 8.4 points and 4.5 rebounds a game for third-place Lucentum.
Was: Riverton High. Now: Valga, Estonia KLM
Note: Hasn't played since Feb. 9.
Was: Lone Peak High. Now: VEF Riga, Latvia LBL
Note: Has become an important player off the bench for his new team — especially in the VTB United League.
Was: Mountain Crest High. Now: Southern Utah
Note: Junior center averaged 3.6 points, 3 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game — all improvements on his sophomore season.
Was: Orem High. Now: BYU
Note: The freshman center is averaging 1 point and 1 rebound per game.
Was: Lone Peak High. Now: BYU
Note: The sophomore the Cougars in minutes (34 per game), points (20.9) and free-throw shooting (86.8%)
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 136
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 97
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 53
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48