SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — The San Francisco Bulls outlasted the Utah Grizzlies 6-5 in a shootout Saturday evening at the Cow Palace.
The wild contest saw Utah tie the game at 2, 3, 4 and 5 after falling behind by scores of 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 and 5-4. The Grizzlies came back in the third period to tie a game for the fourth-straight time as they extended their unbeaten-in-regulation streak to six-straight games at 2-0-1-3, which ties a season high.
Ryan Howse tied the game for good with 1:46 left in regulation on a power-play goal as Colin Vock and David Eddy found the open man on the left side of the net.
Adam Estoclet (two goals, one assist) and Colin Vock (one goal, two assists) led Utah in scoring, as eight of their 16 skaters made it to the scoring column.
The game was relatively calm through the first 37 minutes and 36 seconds, as Utah took a 1-0 lead on Estoclet's shorthanded goal, before San Francisco tied it late in the first period.
After the Bulls took a 2-1 lead 6:42 into the second, Utah tied it 17:36 into the period with Berkley Scott's second goal in two nights, as Utah kept attacking the net after a strong power-play had just completed.
The Bulls made it 3-2 18 seconds after Utah tied it. The Grizzlies again tied the contest at 3 at 8:28 of the third period on Colin Vock's team leading 24th goal of the year, but San Francisco made it 4-3 1:12 later as a strange-angled shot went off of Utah goaltender Ben Meisner and into the net.
The Grizzlies made it 4-4 on a goal by Estoclet 1:11 after that at 10:51 before San Francisco made it 5-4 2:29 after that score on a shorthanded breakaway with 6:40 left in regulation.
Ben Meisner (0-0-0-3) again battled in goal and stopped 32-of-37 shots, getting Utah another standings point in his third pro start.
Utah continues its road trip in San Francisco today at 3:15 p.m.
The Grizzlies return home Wednesday, March 27; Friday, March 29 and Saturday, March 30, to host Colorado. Friday and Saturday is Fan Appreciation Weekend, that includes a post-game skate with the team after Saturday's game for the regular-season home finale.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- Ex-MLB hurler winds up for Vermont governor...
- Serial winner Mourinho hired to revive fading...
- The last tackle powder puff football game...
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its...
- Health experts urge WHO to consider moving...
- Adieu, Rafa: 9-time French Open champ Nadal...
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU... 43
- Pac-12 champs: Utah wins baseball title... 35
- Dick Harmon: With historic hoops... 26
- Rose excited for near future stability,... 22
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its... 20
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Dave Rose anxious to... 20
- BYU football receives commitment from... 18
- BYU baseball: Gonzaga's Bailey strikes... 13