CANADIENS 2, DEVILS 1: At Newark, N.J., big defenseman Jarred Tinordi, in his NHL debut, set up Tomas Plekanec's tiebreaking goal in the third period, and the Montreal Canadiens extended their winning streak to five games.
Plekanec deflected a shot by the 6-foot-6 son of former NHL defenseman Mark Tinordi past Johan Hedberg at 6:49 after the goalie made an ill-advised clearing attempt from behind his net. Tinordi got the puck above the left circle and let it fly.
BLACKHAWKS 8, STARS 1: At Dallas, Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa each scored twice in the rout.
Nick Leddy and Patrick Kane each had a goal and two assists as eight Blackhawks scored two or more points and Chicago boosted its road record to 12-1-2 with a dominant win on the second stop of a four-game road trip.
BLUES 2, DUCKS 1, OT: At St. Louis, Chris Stewart scored 45 seconds into overtime and rookie Jake Allen made 27 saves, helping the St. Louis Blues end the Anaheim Ducks' five-game winning streak.
Stewart, who assisted on the Blues' other goal by Kris Russell, has seven goals and seven assists in his last seven games, including two-goal outings the previous two games. He took the lone shot of the extra period, faking Jonas Hiller with a forehand in front and then finding plenty of space with a backhander for his 14th goal of the season.
LIGHTNING 4, HURRICANES 1: At Tampa, Fla., Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat both scored their first NHL goals while Nate Thompson and Teddy Purcell also scored for the Lightning, who stopped a five-game losing streak at home. Tampa Bay is 3-8 in its last 11 games.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26