CANADIENS 2, DEVILS 1: At Newark, N.J., big defenseman Jarred Tinordi, in his NHL debut, set up Tomas Plekanec's tiebreaking goal in the third period, and the Montreal Canadiens extended their winning streak to five games.
Plekanec deflected a shot by the 6-foot-6 son of former NHL defenseman Mark Tinordi past Johan Hedberg at 6:49 after the goalie made an ill-advised clearing attempt from behind his net. Tinordi got the puck above the left circle and let it fly.
BLACKHAWKS 8, STARS 1: At Dallas, Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa each scored twice in the rout.
Nick Leddy and Patrick Kane each had a goal and two assists as eight Blackhawks scored two or more points and Chicago boosted its road record to 12-1-2 with a dominant win on the second stop of a four-game road trip.
BLUES 2, DUCKS 1, OT: At St. Louis, Chris Stewart scored 45 seconds into overtime and rookie Jake Allen made 27 saves, helping the St. Louis Blues end the Anaheim Ducks' five-game winning streak.
Stewart, who assisted on the Blues' other goal by Kris Russell, has seven goals and seven assists in his last seven games, including two-goal outings the previous two games. He took the lone shot of the extra period, faking Jonas Hiller with a forehand in front and then finding plenty of space with a backhander for his 14th goal of the season.
LIGHTNING 4, HURRICANES 1: At Tampa, Fla., Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat both scored their first NHL goals while Nate Thompson and Teddy Purcell also scored for the Lightning, who stopped a five-game losing streak at home. Tampa Bay is 3-8 in its last 11 games.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14