Utah and Pennsylvania are two of 15 states that don't have a law against straight-ticket voting. Reps. Jim Matheson, D-Utah, and Charlie Dent, R-Pa., have introduced HR963, the People Before Party Act of 2013. This bill will eliminate partisanship of straight-ticket voting and replace it with a more thoughtful and informed voter in the voting booth.
This bill represents an idea that is way overdue. I urge your strong support for HR963.
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious...
- Letter: America needs change
- George Chapman: A 24-hour city deserves a...
- In our opinion: Legislative subsidy for USU...
- Letter: SNAP for children
- In our opinion: Giving president 'fast-track'...
- Letter: Move out of last place
- Kenlee Hess: Immigrants improve American economy
- In our opinion: Anti-Semitism at home... 68
- Letter: America needs change 60
- In our opinion: Senate Democrats'... 47
- Letter: Policy comparisons 46
- John Hoffmire: Is the goal equality? 44
- Richard Davis: Demos shouldn't decide... 32
- Letter: Move out of last place 31
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious... 26