Utah and Pennsylvania are two of 15 states that don't have a law against straight-ticket voting. Reps. Jim Matheson, D-Utah, and Charlie Dent, R-Pa., have introduced HR963, the People Before Party Act of 2013. This bill will eliminate partisanship of straight-ticket voting and replace it with a more thoughtful and informed voter in the voting booth.
This bill represents an idea that is way overdue. I urge your strong support for HR963.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 65
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 34
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 32
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 26
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 18