Utah and Pennsylvania are two of 15 states that don't have a law against straight-ticket voting. Reps. Jim Matheson, D-Utah, and Charlie Dent, R-Pa., have introduced HR963, the People Before Party Act of 2013. This bill will eliminate partisanship of straight-ticket voting and replace it with a more thoughtful and informed voter in the voting booth.
This bill represents an idea that is way overdue. I urge your strong support for HR963.
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 35
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30