Utah and Pennsylvania are two of 15 states that don't have a law against straight-ticket voting. Reps. Jim Matheson, D-Utah, and Charlie Dent, R-Pa., have introduced HR963, the People Before Party Act of 2013. This bill will eliminate partisanship of straight-ticket voting and replace it with a more thoughtful and informed voter in the voting booth.
This bill represents an idea that is way overdue. I urge your strong support for HR963.
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- Drew Clark: Meaning of 'thou shalt not kill'...
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt
- In our opinion: Obamacare's 'success'... 88
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 56
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 52
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 41
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 32