Utah and Pennsylvania are two of 15 states that don't have a law against straight-ticket voting. Reps. Jim Matheson, D-Utah, and Charlie Dent, R-Pa., have introduced HR963, the People Before Party Act of 2013. This bill will eliminate partisanship of straight-ticket voting and replace it with a more thoughtful and informed voter in the voting booth.
This bill represents an idea that is way overdue. I urge your strong support for HR963.
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Letter: Greater security
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil drilling
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith may be...
- Letter: Kill off expansion
- Jay Evensen: Here's why we should fear...
- Letter: Our French Revolution