BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Bakersfield Condors beat the Utah Grizzlies 3-2 in a shootout Friday evening at Rabobank Arena.
The Grizzlies extended their point streak to five-straight games with the standings point at 2-0-1-2 and improve to 4-2-1-3 in their last 10 games.
For the third-straight game, Utah rallied from behind in the third period to tie the game and force overtime.
Utah fell behind 1-0 9:06 into the first period, and trailed 1-0 at the first intermission despite outshooting Bakersfield 14-9 in the first period.
The Grizzlies tied the game at one on their 20th shot of the night as Tommy Maxwell fired in his fourth goal of the season 4:57 into the first period. Alex Tuckerman and Cody Carlson picked up assists.
Utah made it 2-1 on a 5-on-3 power-play goal with 5:24 left in the second as Nick Tuzzolino scored his fifth of the year from Colin Vock and Adam Estoclet as Utah worked the puck around.
The Condors tied the game 47 seconds into the third period as they kept a puck alive in the crease. They took a 3-2 lead 7:45 into the third as the puck careened off of the corner boards and was hammered in on a rebound.
The Grizzlies tied the game again with 7:44 left in the third period as Berkley Scott snapped in his seventh goal of the year as he pulled the trigger in the left circle from Nick Tuzzolino.
Utah goaltender Ben Meisner stopped 32 of 35 shots in his second pro start after allowing just one goal on Wednesday night.
The Grizzlies now go to San Francisco for Saturday action at 8:15 p.m. and Sunday at 3:15 p.m.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 60
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14