BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Bakersfield Condors beat the Utah Grizzlies 3-2 in a shootout Friday evening at Rabobank Arena.
The Grizzlies extended their point streak to five-straight games with the standings point at 2-0-1-2 and improve to 4-2-1-3 in their last 10 games.
For the third-straight game, Utah rallied from behind in the third period to tie the game and force overtime.
Utah fell behind 1-0 9:06 into the first period, and trailed 1-0 at the first intermission despite outshooting Bakersfield 14-9 in the first period.
The Grizzlies tied the game at one on their 20th shot of the night as Tommy Maxwell fired in his fourth goal of the season 4:57 into the first period. Alex Tuckerman and Cody Carlson picked up assists.
Utah made it 2-1 on a 5-on-3 power-play goal with 5:24 left in the second as Nick Tuzzolino scored his fifth of the year from Colin Vock and Adam Estoclet as Utah worked the puck around.
The Condors tied the game 47 seconds into the third period as they kept a puck alive in the crease. They took a 3-2 lead 7:45 into the third as the puck careened off of the corner boards and was hammered in on a rebound.
The Grizzlies tied the game again with 7:44 left in the third period as Berkley Scott snapped in his seventh goal of the year as he pulled the trigger in the left circle from Nick Tuzzolino.
Utah goaltender Ben Meisner stopped 32 of 35 shots in his second pro start after allowing just one goal on Wednesday night.
The Grizzlies now go to San Francisco for Saturday action at 8:15 p.m. and Sunday at 3:15 p.m.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35