HB114 passed the House last week and is on its way to the Senate. I am one of many in this state who support the representatives and senators who are trying to protect Utah citizens from those who are attempting to destroy the 2nd Amendment.
I heard that Gov. Gary Herbert had claimed many of these bills are redundant or unnecessary. I would strongly encourage him to consider the fact that if both the House and the Senate in Utah pass these bills relating to firearm rights, then there are plenty of us who think the bills are necessary. Please do the right thing, Gov. Herbert, and sign them.
Daron D. Fraley
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 46
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 37
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 37