Those who have driven I-80 through Wyoming know of the Sinclair oil refinery east of Rawlins. I commend Sinclair for placing their refinery away from populated areas. With the talk of moving the prison away from the Salt Lake Valley, I would like to propose that we consider giving the many refineries along the Wasatch Front incentives to move away from our populated areas and follow the example of Sinclair Oil in Wyoming.
Each year these refineries are pumping tons and tons of pollutants into our air, contributing to our harmful air pollution. These refineries also take up much valuable land that could be environmentally cleaned up and used for better purposes. If we are going to remove one eyesore from our area, why not remove the much greater eyesores and polluters — the refineries?
Denis R. Hawkins
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 33
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 23