U. launches investigation into alleged misconduct in swim program and how it was handled
Pershing said he and Hill are committed to providing Utah's student-athletes with a "safe and positive experience" at the university. He also said he would not comment further until the review was completed "to protect the integrity of the independent review."
Hill said he is directly over football, men's and women's basketball and gymnastics, while other assistants in the athletic department are over the rest of the sports.
Pete Oliszczak, the former associate athletic director who was directly over swimming, abruptly resigned in October, but Hill said he couldn't comment on the reasons for his departure, calling it a "personnel matter.
"We want to make sure going forward that if we can get better in how we do things that we do. That's real important because we have 400 student-athletes. We've got to do right by everybody," Hill said.
"We've got some things we've got to make sure we look at and there may be some things that come up that will help all of us to do a better job if that's what the conclusion is. I want to see what kind of recommendations come out so we can make sure we do things right."
Hill had the investigation would begin immediately, but said he had "no idea" when it would be completed.
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 188
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 88
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 58
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50