Domo Inc. announced Monday that the company had closed $60 million in financing, but the new software-as-a-service venture shared the news in one of the oldest ways on the books — carrier pigeon.
Omniture co-founder Josh James asked the "Twitterverse" how the company should announce Domo's news, looking for something outside of the box, and received the "genius" suggestion of carrier pigeon.
"Who does carrier pigeons anymore? We're going old school. We're going really old school," James said in a video. "If you're going to break some big news with a pigeon, you better get the best pigeon."
In a series of videos, Domo chronicled the adventures of the pigeon — Sir Coleman of Manchester United Liverpool Arsenal FC — from the first meeting to contract negotiations, culminating in the company's big announcement Monday.
Read more about Domo Inc. and the company's financing announcement here.
- Fewer breezes led to less wind power... 11
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson could... 8
- Democratic A.G. candidate says Reyes... 3
- FBI says it won't disclose how it... 2
- US economy struggles at start of... 2
- How much did people spend on cars the... 2
- US consumer confidence slips in April 1
- US home prices rise at solid pace, even... 1