Domo Inc. announced Monday that the company had closed $60 million in financing, but the new software-as-a-service venture shared the news in one of the oldest ways on the books — carrier pigeon.
Omniture co-founder Josh James asked the "Twitterverse" how the company should announce Domo's news, looking for something outside of the box, and received the "genius" suggestion of carrier pigeon.
"Who does carrier pigeons anymore? We're going old school. We're going really old school," James said in a video. "If you're going to break some big news with a pigeon, you better get the best pigeon."
In a series of videos, Domo chronicled the adventures of the pigeon — Sir Coleman of Manchester United Liverpool Arsenal FC — from the first meeting to contract negotiations, culminating in the company's big announcement Monday.
Read more about Domo Inc. and the company's financing announcement here.
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Overstock employees ride bicycles to work to...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last year
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City...
- New solar energy project at Utah Olympic Oval...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 12
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Future of Draper Park School building... 4
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 3
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over... 2