Domo Inc. announced Monday that the company had closed $60 million in financing, but the new software-as-a-service venture shared the news in one of the oldest ways on the books — carrier pigeon.
Omniture co-founder Josh James asked the "Twitterverse" how the company should announce Domo's news, looking for something outside of the box, and received the "genius" suggestion of carrier pigeon.
"Who does carrier pigeons anymore? We're going old school. We're going really old school," James said in a video. "If you're going to break some big news with a pigeon, you better get the best pigeon."
In a series of videos, Domo chronicled the adventures of the pigeon — Sir Coleman of Manchester United Liverpool Arsenal FC — from the first meeting to contract negotiations, culminating in the company's big announcement Monday.
Read more about Domo Inc. and the company's financing announcement here.
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Things are looking up in the economy, but not...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4