Indiana church's refusal to install gravestone with Colts, NASCAR logos sparks suit
Andrew Laker, ASSOCIATED PRESS
An Indiana woman who wanted to honor her late husband with a headstone that captured his interests in sports and the outdoors is suing a Catholic church for refusing to install it.
The issue has divided the church community and sparked allegations that the church hasn't treated the family with compassion. But Rev. Jonathan Meyer, priest at St. Joseph Catholic Church, says thats not so.
"We provided the family funeral rites, prepared a funeral meal and offered family members individual counseling after the services," Meyer said. "We were with them the entire way until this matter came up."
Read more about Indiana church refuses to install gravestone with Colts, NASCAR on Indy Star.
- ‘Ambushed’ officer: God told me...
- LDS mom qualifies for U.S. Olympic Marathon...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- The best Christian workplaces in 2015
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 27
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 26
- Russians' views on religion are... 16
- 5 faith facts about Jim Gilmore:... 8
- ‘Ambushed’ officer: God... 8
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6
- Jerry Earl Johnston: My latest minuet... 4
- Evangelicals back carbon reduction plan 3