Christian Palma, Associated Press
CARSON, Calif. — Oswaldo Minda scored in the 76th minute and Chivas USA rallied for a 3-1 win over FC Dallas on Sunday.
Down 1-0, Juan Agudelo tied the game with a left-footed finish in the 68th minute.
After Minda scored to give Chivas USA a 2-1 lead, Giovani Casillas added a goal in the 90th minute.
David Ferreira opened the scoring for FC Dallas early in the 57th minute.
FC Dallas played without suspended forward Blas Perez.
Ferreira scored his first goal of the season when he got past Chivas defender Joaquin Velazquez and slipped a shot between goalkeeper Dan Kennedy's legs.
Agudelo evened the score when he beat a pair of defenders and scored from just inside the penalty area.
FC Dallas' defense again gave Chivas some space on the eventual game-winning goal.
George John could not control a pass that fell to Minda, who took his time and beat FC Dallas goalkeeper Raul Fernandez.
Casillas scored in stoppage time on a counterattack.
UNION 2, RAPIDS 1: At Commerce City, Colo., Jack McInerney scored in the 79th minute as the Philadelphia Union defeated the Colorado Rapids in a game that had been postponed to Sunday due to severe weather conditions.
Amobi Okugo added a goal for Philadelphia (1-1). The third-year MLS expansion team was 0-3-2 in the first five meeting with the Rapids.
The Rapids had been unbeaten (6-0-3) in their previous nine home openers.
EARTHQUAKES 2, RED BULLS 1: At Santa Clara, Calif., Adam Jahn scored on a cross form Sam Cronin in the 83rd minute to even things up, and Chris Wondoloswki converted a penalty kick in the 92nd minute.
Wondo had his first attempt on the PK saved by keeper Luis Robles, but an almost inexcusable error by defender Roy Miller — who also gave the 'Quakes the free kick after he had his arms high and was tagged with a handball on a Jahn header — as he encroached into the area before the kick.
A year after having numerous come-from-behind wins, San Jose was up to its late-game heroics once again.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 15
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7