During the eight years that Ronald Reagan was president, federal spending averaged 22.4 percent of GDP. This year, under President Obama, federal spending is 22.2 percent of GDP. So why are Republicans still complaining about "insane, out-of-control federal spending"?
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- Rely on invisible hand?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 37
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 26
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23