Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Last year, our Legislature passed a bill requiring school districts to report all kinds of testing results to the general public. This year, two senators each proposed a bill to modify and attempt to clarify those reporting rules: SB69 and SB133. I can only imagine how confusing it is for the State School Board and the State Office of Education to implement the many changes being required by the Legislature each year. I fully expect that in the not-too-distant future, we will be voting on an amendment to replace the Utah State Board of Education with a legislative joint committee on education.
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: Government, health care
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15