Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Last year, our Legislature passed a bill requiring school districts to report all kinds of testing results to the general public. This year, two senators each proposed a bill to modify and attempt to clarify those reporting rules: SB69 and SB133. I can only imagine how confusing it is for the State School Board and the State Office of Education to implement the many changes being required by the Legislature each year. I fully expect that in the not-too-distant future, we will be voting on an amendment to replace the Utah State Board of Education with a legislative joint committee on education.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 30
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24