Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Last year, our Legislature passed a bill requiring school districts to report all kinds of testing results to the general public. This year, two senators each proposed a bill to modify and attempt to clarify those reporting rules: SB69 and SB133. I can only imagine how confusing it is for the State School Board and the State Office of Education to implement the many changes being required by the Legislature each year. I fully expect that in the not-too-distant future, we will be voting on an amendment to replace the Utah State Board of Education with a legislative joint committee on education.
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 46
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24