Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Last year, our Legislature passed a bill requiring school districts to report all kinds of testing results to the general public. This year, two senators each proposed a bill to modify and attempt to clarify those reporting rules: SB69 and SB133. I can only imagine how confusing it is for the State School Board and the State Office of Education to implement the many changes being required by the Legislature each year. I fully expect that in the not-too-distant future, we will be voting on an amendment to replace the Utah State Board of Education with a legislative joint committee on education.
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal to...
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- In our opinion: Increased on-screen violence...
- John Florez: Have students become pawns for...
- Letter: US dollar
- Letter: Trump's delegate count
- Michael Gerson: The Syrian fire will continue...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 54
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal... 40
- Michael Gerson: The Trump train is... 35
- My view: Character still matters in... 26
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 23
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 23
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 22
- In our opinion: Remembering Hiroshima... 20