Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Last year, our Legislature passed a bill requiring school districts to report all kinds of testing results to the general public. This year, two senators each proposed a bill to modify and attempt to clarify those reporting rules: SB69 and SB133. I can only imagine how confusing it is for the State School Board and the State Office of Education to implement the many changes being required by the Legislature each year. I fully expect that in the not-too-distant future, we will be voting on an amendment to replace the Utah State Board of Education with a legislative joint committee on education.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 67
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 37
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 37
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 29
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19