Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Last year, our Legislature passed a bill requiring school districts to report all kinds of testing results to the general public. This year, two senators each proposed a bill to modify and attempt to clarify those reporting rules: SB69 and SB133. I can only imagine how confusing it is for the State School Board and the State Office of Education to implement the many changes being required by the Legislature each year. I fully expect that in the not-too-distant future, we will be voting on an amendment to replace the Utah State Board of Education with a legislative joint committee on education.
- Letter: Social judges?
- Jay Evensen: Face it Salt Lake, panhandlers...
- Kathleen Parker: Baltimore riots —...
- Navas & Archibald: Utah has already paid its...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- Letter: No cash deposits
- In our opinion: Revisiting the Holocaust as...
- In our opinion: Children's Book Week...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 71
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 50
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 34
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 33
- Letter: No humane way to kill 31
- Letter: Social judges? 30
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 27
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating... 27