Southern Utah suffers costly defeat to Northern Colorado, lose 66-58
GREELEY, Colo. — Jackson Stevenett scored a game-high 25 points and had a team-best seven rebounds but no other Thunderbird scored in double figures as Northern Colorado picked up a 66-58 win in Big Sky men's basketball play Thursday night.
The Bears (12-17, 10-10 Big Sky), who wrapped up their regular season, are in fourth place in the conference and can finish no lower than fifth once the remaining Big Sky teams conclude their season on Saturday. The top seven teams advance to the conference tournament.
The Thunderbirds (11-18, 8-11), who conclude the regular season Saturday at North Dakota and are still fighting for one of the remaining spots in the Big Sky tournament.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19