Southern Utah suffers costly defeat to Northern Colorado, lose 66-58
GREELEY, Colo. — Jackson Stevenett scored a game-high 25 points and had a team-best seven rebounds but no other Thunderbird scored in double figures as Northern Colorado picked up a 66-58 win in Big Sky men's basketball play Thursday night.
The Bears (12-17, 10-10 Big Sky), who wrapped up their regular season, are in fourth place in the conference and can finish no lower than fifth once the remaining Big Sky teams conclude their season on Saturday. The top seven teams advance to the conference tournament.
The Thunderbirds (11-18, 8-11), who conclude the regular season Saturday at North Dakota and are still fighting for one of the remaining spots in the Big Sky tournament.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28