Southern Utah suffers costly defeat to Northern Colorado, lose 66-58
GREELEY, Colo. — Jackson Stevenett scored a game-high 25 points and had a team-best seven rebounds but no other Thunderbird scored in double figures as Northern Colorado picked up a 66-58 win in Big Sky men's basketball play Thursday night.
The Bears (12-17, 10-10 Big Sky), who wrapped up their regular season, are in fourth place in the conference and can finish no lower than fifth once the remaining Big Sky teams conclude their season on Saturday. The top seven teams advance to the conference tournament.
The Thunderbirds (11-18, 8-11), who conclude the regular season Saturday at North Dakota and are still fighting for one of the remaining spots in the Big Sky tournament.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Brad Rock: Jazz's biggest star still waiting...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 59
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 51
- High school football: State tournament... 49
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42