Celia Baker points out a serious problem in Utah's colleges: budget abuse ("College sports take funds from academics," Feb. 25). Football and basketball coaches should not be paid more than college presidents and the governor. With legislators talking about needing more money for primary and secondary schools, we should slash the higher-ed budgets and give that money to these programs. That would avoid more taxes and put the education money where it is needed the most.
Stephen T. Case
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 68
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 19
- Letter: Where's the action? 17