Celia Baker points out a serious problem in Utah's colleges: budget abuse ("College sports take funds from academics," Feb. 25). Football and basketball coaches should not be paid more than college presidents and the governor. With legislators talking about needing more money for primary and secondary schools, we should slash the higher-ed budgets and give that money to these programs. That would avoid more taxes and put the education money where it is needed the most.
Stephen T. Case
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32