Celia Baker points out a serious problem in Utah's colleges: budget abuse ("College sports take funds from academics," Feb. 25). Football and basketball coaches should not be paid more than college presidents and the governor. With legislators talking about needing more money for primary and secondary schools, we should slash the higher-ed budgets and give that money to these programs. That would avoid more taxes and put the education money where it is needed the most.
Stephen T. Case
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP?
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 29
- President should not act without... 26
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 25