Celia Baker points out a serious problem in Utah's colleges: budget abuse ("College sports take funds from academics," Feb. 25). Football and basketball coaches should not be paid more than college presidents and the governor. With legislators talking about needing more money for primary and secondary schools, we should slash the higher-ed budgets and give that money to these programs. That would avoid more taxes and put the education money where it is needed the most.
Stephen T. Case
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 60
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30
- My view: What message does Melania's... 29