For full box scores and statistics, check out the Deseret News high school scoreboard for Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
EMERY 9, MANTI 2:
GRANTSVILLE 7, PARK CITY 3:
Grantsville started off the season right with 10 hits and only one error in the win over Park City. Kelby Landon and Skyler Cloward each contributed a double, and Landon Hammond gained the win at the mound.
TIMPANOGOS 8, WOODS CROSS 5:
Timpanogos scored five runs in the first inning to start the game and set the bar high. Michael Canfield and Mitchell Cloward both hit doubles.
HIGHLAND 14, HILLCREST 11:
Zach Brown hit a double for the Rams in their season opener win over Hillcrest. Highland finished the game with 10 hits and only two errors.
SPRINGVILLE 6, LONE PEAK 5:
Springville sophomore Travis Mosley had a walkoff double in his first varsity game to help the victory over Lone Peak.
PROVO 3, SKY VIEW 2:
With one out in the bottom of the seventh Colton Moore's ground ball to the second baseman was mishandled, plating Braden Griffin to give Provo a hard fought 3-2 win over the visiting Sky View Bobcats. The game was played at UVU's Brent Brown Ballpark as Provo's field is still unplayable.
Provo used three pitchers effectively as Jack Rhineer pitched four innings, giving up just one run. Mitch Van Quill pitched two scoreless innings while Ty Atkinson gave up one unearned run in the top of the seventh but got the win thanks to Moore's RBI grounder in the bottom of the frame.
MOUNTAIN VIEW 3, AMERICAN FORK 2:
Mountain View's Alcec Woolley had a hat trick in the comeback victory over American Fork.
HILLCREST 1, RIVERTON 0:
Hillcrest's Ali Kalikish knocked in the solo goal in the shutout victory over Riverton to start the season.
UNION 2, TOOELE 0:
OGDEN 2, LOGAN 1:
HIGHLAND 1, JUDGE MEMORIAL 0:
Highland started the season out right with a win over Judge Memorial.
TIMPANOGOS 2, PLEASANT GROVE 2:
Timpanogos and Pleasant Grove ended the season-opener in a tie.
CANYON VIEW 3, NORTH SANPETE 1:
SOUTH SUMMIT 2, OAKLEY 1:
JUAN DIEGO 9, COPPER HILLS 4:
Juan Diego won their season opener on 12 hits, aided by the doubles from Alexis Kabey and Alyssa Brusatto.
WEST JORDAN 10, GRANGER 3:
West Jordan started the game out strong scoring 4 runs in the first three innings. Mackensie Culligan knocked a home run out of the park.
MURRAY 12, TOOELE 10:
GRAND 9, CARBON 5:
Grand's Linda Minor hits a home run in the victory over Carbon in their season opener.
ALTA 3, HERRIMAN 0:
Alta's Brooke Vander Heide fanned 11 batters in the shutout.
LAYTON 13, SUMMIT ACADEMY 3:
Layton had seven runs in the top of the second inning to take the early lead.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34