For full box scores and statistics, check out the Deseret News high school scoreboard for Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
EMERY 9, MANTI 2:
GRANTSVILLE 7, PARK CITY 3:
Grantsville started off the season right with 10 hits and only one error in the win over Park City. Kelby Landon and Skyler Cloward each contributed a double, and Landon Hammond gained the win at the mound.
TIMPANOGOS 8, WOODS CROSS 5:
Timpanogos scored five runs in the first inning to start the game and set the bar high. Michael Canfield and Mitchell Cloward both hit doubles.
HIGHLAND 14, HILLCREST 11:
Zach Brown hit a double for the Rams in their season opener win over Hillcrest. Highland finished the game with 10 hits and only two errors.
SPRINGVILLE 6, LONE PEAK 5:
Springville sophomore Travis Mosley had a walkoff double in his first varsity game to help the victory over Lone Peak.
PROVO 3, SKY VIEW 2:
With one out in the bottom of the seventh Colton Moore's ground ball to the second baseman was mishandled, plating Braden Griffin to give Provo a hard fought 3-2 win over the visiting Sky View Bobcats. The game was played at UVU's Brent Brown Ballpark as Provo's field is still unplayable.
Provo used three pitchers effectively as Jack Rhineer pitched four innings, giving up just one run. Mitch Van Quill pitched two scoreless innings while Ty Atkinson gave up one unearned run in the top of the seventh but got the win thanks to Moore's RBI grounder in the bottom of the frame.
MOUNTAIN VIEW 3, AMERICAN FORK 2:
Mountain View's Alcec Woolley had a hat trick in the comeback victory over American Fork.
HILLCREST 1, RIVERTON 0:
Hillcrest's Ali Kalikish knocked in the solo goal in the shutout victory over Riverton to start the season.
UNION 2, TOOELE 0:
OGDEN 2, LOGAN 1:
HIGHLAND 1, JUDGE MEMORIAL 0:
Highland started the season out right with a win over Judge Memorial.
TIMPANOGOS 2, PLEASANT GROVE 2:
Timpanogos and Pleasant Grove ended the season-opener in a tie.
CANYON VIEW 3, NORTH SANPETE 1:
SOUTH SUMMIT 2, OAKLEY 1:
JUAN DIEGO 9, COPPER HILLS 4:
Juan Diego won their season opener on 12 hits, aided by the doubles from Alexis Kabey and Alyssa Brusatto.
WEST JORDAN 10, GRANGER 3:
West Jordan started the game out strong scoring 4 runs in the first three innings. Mackensie Culligan knocked a home run out of the park.
MURRAY 12, TOOELE 10:
GRAND 9, CARBON 5:
Grand's Linda Minor hits a home run in the victory over Carbon in their season opener.
ALTA 3, HERRIMAN 0:
Alta's Brooke Vander Heide fanned 11 batters in the shutout.
LAYTON 13, SUMMIT ACADEMY 3:
Layton had seven runs in the top of the second inning to take the early lead.
- BYU football: The Nebraska Cornhuskers in 6...
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault, riot...
- Red and blue recruits: Jaren Hall excited for...
- Cougars respect Nebraska, but say they...
- The top 25 NBA players under 25: Where do...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as too...
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has...
- BYU's Mendenhall, Nebraska's Riley have long...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 76
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 68
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 36
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 29
- Morning links: Will Michigan beat Utah?... 26
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 25