The Wall Street Journal recently reported on survey results that show one-third of employees experience chronic work-related stress.
"Too much work, too little money and not enough opportunity for growth are stressing us out on the job, according to a new survey from the American Psychological Association.
"One-third of employees experience chronic stress related to work, the survey found. Women report higher levels of work stress than men, as well as a gnawing sense that they are underappreciated and underpaid.
"Fifty-four percent of the 1,501 employed adults surveyed say they feel they are paid too little for their contributions, and 61% said their jobs don't offer adequate opportunities to advance. Only half of the adults polled said they feel valued at work.
"Women feel especially stuck and tense, the association survey indicates. Thirty-two percent of women said their employers don't provide sufficient opportunities for internal advancement, compared with 30% of men. Women are more likely to feel tense during a typical workday, reporting more often that their employer doesn't appreciate what they do.
"The annual survey, conducted in January and released Tuesday, found the proportion of chronically stressed individuals has shrunk to 35% this year, compared with 41% in 2012, suggesting an improving economy and job market are making some people's work lives easier. But smaller percentages reported satisfaction with their jobs and work-life balance compared with 2012two areas that had been on the upswing."
- Former Speaker Boehner calls Cruz 'Lucifer in...
- Paris attacks suspect Abdeslam extradited,...
- How much did people spend on cars the year...
- Cruz taps Fiorina to serve as running mate
- Former House speaker sentenced to more than a...
- Gangster's girlfriend faces more prison time...
- Trump delivers foreign policy address as Cruz...
- Search resumes for missing treasure hunter
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target... 63
- Cruz taps Fiorina to serve as running mate 40
- Former Speaker Boehner calls Cruz... 27
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- New poll finds Americans less likely to... 22
- Illinois bills would limit mentally ill... 21
- Trump routs rivals in Northeast;... 21
- Former House speaker sentenced to more... 20