The Utah Sports Hall of Fame Foundation will honor seven former high school coaches and two contributors March 19 at its Spring Honors and Awards Banquet at the South Towne Exposition Center in Sandy.
Honorees who will enter the USHOFF Coaches Hall of Honor are Brad Bevan (South Jordan), Ferril Heaton (Alton), Jon Hoover (formerly of Pleasant Grove), Linda Mayne (Salt Lake City), Phillip Robison (Fillmore), Philip Russell (South Ogden), and Jim Yerkovich (Salt Lake City).
Distinguished Service Awards will go to Ward J. Armstrong of Ogden and Paul C. Smith of Kaysville.
In addition, six Utah high school graduates, currently attending colleges in the state, will receive $2,000 Ream's Food Stores scholarships.
Reservations ($40 per person) can be sent to the USHOFF, P.O. Box 95982, South Jordan, Utah, 84095. Credit card requests can be made by calling Chuck Schell (801-262-9095) or Neil Petty (801-944-2379). Deadline for reservations is March 15.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33