The Utah Sports Hall of Fame Foundation will honor seven former high school coaches and two contributors March 19 at its Spring Honors and Awards Banquet at the South Towne Exposition Center in Sandy.
Honorees who will enter the USHOFF Coaches Hall of Honor are Brad Bevan (South Jordan), Ferril Heaton (Alton), Jon Hoover (formerly of Pleasant Grove), Linda Mayne (Salt Lake City), Phillip Robison (Fillmore), Philip Russell (South Ogden), and Jim Yerkovich (Salt Lake City).
Distinguished Service Awards will go to Ward J. Armstrong of Ogden and Paul C. Smith of Kaysville.
In addition, six Utah high school graduates, currently attending colleges in the state, will receive $2,000 Ream's Food Stores scholarships.
Reservations ($40 per person) can be sent to the USHOFF, P.O. Box 95982, South Jordan, Utah, 84095. Credit card requests can be made by calling Chuck Schell (801-262-9095) or Neil Petty (801-944-2379). Deadline for reservations is March 15.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19