The Utah Sports Hall of Fame Foundation will honor seven former high school coaches and two contributors March 19 at its Spring Honors and Awards Banquet at the South Towne Exposition Center in Sandy.
Honorees who will enter the USHOFF Coaches Hall of Honor are Brad Bevan (South Jordan), Ferril Heaton (Alton), Jon Hoover (formerly of Pleasant Grove), Linda Mayne (Salt Lake City), Phillip Robison (Fillmore), Philip Russell (South Ogden), and Jim Yerkovich (Salt Lake City).
Distinguished Service Awards will go to Ward J. Armstrong of Ogden and Paul C. Smith of Kaysville.
In addition, six Utah high school graduates, currently attending colleges in the state, will receive $2,000 Ream's Food Stores scholarships.
Reservations ($40 per person) can be sent to the USHOFF, P.O. Box 95982, South Jordan, Utah, 84095. Credit card requests can be made by calling Chuck Schell (801-262-9095) or Neil Petty (801-944-2379). Deadline for reservations is March 15.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0