The Utah Sports Hall of Fame Foundation will honor seven former high school coaches and two contributors March 19 at its Spring Honors and Awards Banquet at the South Towne Exposition Center in Sandy.
Honorees who will enter the USHOFF Coaches Hall of Honor are Brad Bevan (South Jordan), Ferril Heaton (Alton), Jon Hoover (formerly of Pleasant Grove), Linda Mayne (Salt Lake City), Phillip Robison (Fillmore), Philip Russell (South Ogden), and Jim Yerkovich (Salt Lake City).
Distinguished Service Awards will go to Ward J. Armstrong of Ogden and Paul C. Smith of Kaysville.
In addition, six Utah high school graduates, currently attending colleges in the state, will receive $2,000 Ream's Food Stores scholarships.
Reservations ($40 per person) can be sent to the USHOFF, P.O. Box 95982, South Jordan, Utah, 84095. Credit card requests can be made by calling Chuck Schell (801-262-9095) or Neil Petty (801-944-2379). Deadline for reservations is March 15.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26