The Utah Sports Hall of Fame Foundation will honor seven former high school coaches and two contributors March 19 at its Spring Honors and Awards Banquet at the South Towne Exposition Center in Sandy.
Honorees who will enter the USHOFF Coaches Hall of Honor are Brad Bevan (South Jordan), Ferril Heaton (Alton), Jon Hoover (formerly of Pleasant Grove), Linda Mayne (Salt Lake City), Phillip Robison (Fillmore), Philip Russell (South Ogden), and Jim Yerkovich (Salt Lake City).
Distinguished Service Awards will go to Ward J. Armstrong of Ogden and Paul C. Smith of Kaysville.
In addition, six Utah high school graduates, currently attending colleges in the state, will receive $2,000 Ream's Food Stores scholarships.
Reservations ($40 per person) can be sent to the USHOFF, P.O. Box 95982, South Jordan, Utah, 84095. Credit card requests can be made by calling Chuck Schell (801-262-9095) or Neil Petty (801-944-2379). Deadline for reservations is March 15.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Rookie Rodney Hood wins award, Jazz lose...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16