Finally, although all of us regular citizens are supposed to be leaving our polluting cars at home, the Utah Department of Transportation has just proposed a new freeway called the West Davis Corridor, that runs within a couple hundred yards of the Farmington Bay Wildlife Management area. www.ksl.com If the state really hopes we will all leave our smoggy cars at home, what are the new freeways for?
These messages are about as murky as the view was throughout most of January. It is time to stop leading with the motto: Do as I say, not as I do.
For the health of Utah families, it is time for lawmakers to embrace a coherent plan, to pass proposed air quality legislation this session and demonstrate to the citizens that they can walk the walk better than they can talk the talk. I really want to do my part — but our leadership is lost in the smog.
Ingrid Griffee is a mother of four and a concerned citizen.
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:...
- In our opinion: On matters of panhandling or...
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win in 2014
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Will Putin's gamble...
- Letter: Putin's invasion
- Doug Robinson: Dinsmore has made his mark on...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 52
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Letter: Invite the divine 36
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC 34
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 34
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30
- Letter: Private political parties 24